NT TURBO Member 1,128 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Darwin NT Posted 29/09/13 12:38 PM Posted 29/09/13 12:38 PM Hi all,I joined this site when my BA was brand spankly back in 2002, 11 years later of really trouble free motoring and the turbo has shat itself.What are my options?Has anyone upgraded and have a stock garret in their cupboard they want rid off?What should I pay for a new turbo?Have I f@#$ed my motor too? No odd noises but crusty sh*t in the turbo oil line. intake fan has hit the housing.I didn't know about the oil filter on the turbo line, if this is maintained how many k's is the garret good for? as I am thinking second hand.What should I pay for a second hand unit? would it be worth rebuilding or is this something only garret can do?Any help would be so appreciated as this is my only family car and I don't have a lot of funds.
Chaos310 Legacy Donating Member 228 Member For: 14y 1m 2d Gender: Male Posted 29/09/13 01:02 PM Posted 29/09/13 01:02 PM I think your PM inbox is full.. about $900ish I think... to build yoursNot sure who you have available to you up there, but I know a freight company who pulls out of darwin almost every other day down to perth.
NT TURBO Member 1,128 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Darwin NT Posted 29/09/13 01:19 PM Author Posted 29/09/13 01:19 PM Thanks, Chaos.....you're right, PM box now cleared $900ish?, my housing is scored, I am thinking its rooted, freights no biggy who's that through?Cheers, Mick
Chaos310 Legacy Donating Member 228 Member For: 14y 1m 2d Gender: Male Posted 29/09/13 01:43 PM Posted 29/09/13 01:43 PM if you want to flick the turbo and get another, I'd be interested in the wreck of your old turbo....
NT TURBO Member 1,128 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Darwin NT Posted 29/09/13 01:46 PM Author Posted 29/09/13 01:46 PM High chance, I'll let you know.Cheers
Chaos310 Legacy Donating Member 228 Member For: 14y 1m 2d Gender: Male Posted 29/09/13 02:19 PM Posted 29/09/13 02:19 PM if you're going to get another... now would be the perfect time to upgrade...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now