Seaton Legacy Donating Member 537 Member For: 14y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/10/12 09:35 AM Posted 27/10/12 09:35 AM (edited) nice work, im going to take my stock fg xr6t out soon. if I could run that time id be super happy! Edited 27/10/12 09:49 AM by Seaton
jimmixr Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 1m 9d Posted 27/10/12 10:00 AM Posted 27/10/12 10:00 AM Why no burn out ?I achieved 12.8..stock with a burnout.. 1
CLuTZ Legacy Donating Member 227 Member For: 15y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 27/10/12 10:23 AM Posted 27/10/12 10:23 AM Why no burn out ?I achieved 12.8..stock with a burnout..Stock tyres?
Seaton Legacy Donating Member 537 Member For: 14y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 27/10/12 09:20 PM Posted 27/10/12 09:20 PM 12.8 stock. That's impressive! I met you out there one not long ago Jimmy. I commented how good your car looked. So clean. Then I sold my MPS and bought one. Haha
jimmixr Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 1m 9d Posted 28/10/12 02:08 AM Posted 28/10/12 02:08 AM (edited) Hey mate.. Id be lying if I said I remembered you.Wasnt the night I smashed my shaft was it ? :( Welcome to the clan!! Sounds like your enjoy your T. Theyre an amazing motor vehicle. And the more time you spend with it, it opens up its true capability and personality. You still have to learn how to drive to get the most out of them. Its not as simply as burying your size 9.12.8 is a good time for a stocker.. I believe there all capable of a 12.. its all in the 60ft'er... master that and youll be in the 12's no prob.Let me know when your heading to the creek. Just put my strengthed shaft in this week...Oh and a small burn out is a good thing. Anlittle bit of heat and cleaning of the tyre does wonders. I aslo ran around 25psi in the tyres. Any lower and you start losing the suface contact patch in the middle of the tyre,Oh..also.. till you get used to it, just leave it in drive or performance.. that way you can just concentrate on your 60.. then progress to manual. I have yet to master that. It all happens so fast lol Edited 28/10/12 02:11 AM by jimmixr 2
Seaton Legacy Donating Member 537 Member For: 14y 1m 1d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 28/10/12 04:26 AM Posted 28/10/12 04:26 AM It was the week after you did your tailshaft I think. As you said you broke it last time out. We didn't talk for long.I'll be heading out in a few weeks as my mate has a bike he wants to run so I said I'll go too. If I run a low 13 ill be happy. Thanks for all the tips mate.
jimmixr Legacy Donating Member 686 Member For: 16y 1m 9d Posted 28/10/12 07:06 AM Posted 28/10/12 07:06 AM Ah yep.. went back out with a new stock shaft just to see. 11.8 @ 119 or there abouts.
Bewsh Member 5 Member For: 13y 8m 9d Posted 19/01/13 03:33 AM Posted 19/01/13 03:33 AM Manual mode with change to second at about 3500rpm or it will hit the limiter.Every other gear 5200rpm ish.TC etc off.Don't worry about person next to you,don't look at them just do ya own thing.make sure you stage last so you aren't left on the line getting nervous.Lower tire pressure to 30psi and dont do a to bigger skid,soon as you see smoke get off it.Make sure you do the skid at the end of the water and not the start as water will drip down onto tire at start line.Have fun is the up most important thing,enjoy!great advice
THOS Inactive Members 1 Member For: 13y 8m 1d Posted 26/01/13 11:54 PM Posted 26/01/13 11:54 PM New member here good work everyone
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now