macca2042 Legacy Donating Member 150 Member For: 17y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Yarrawonga Posted 03/08/12 08:27 AM Posted 03/08/12 08:27 AM So I'm lookin at doing a relatively minor stereo install in my bf2 ute, so I've decided on putting a h/u, front and rear speakers, sub and amp. My question is I still wanna use the ICC and have it wired into the speakers as well, is this possible?
Shyfrd Turboless Legacy Donating Member 5,992 Member For: 15y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria Posted 03/08/12 09:36 AM Posted 03/08/12 09:36 AM Want a head unit but still wanna use the icc? As in for the AC etc?
macca2042 Legacy Donating Member 150 Member For: 17y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Yarrawonga Posted 03/08/12 09:48 AM Author Posted 03/08/12 09:48 AM (edited) Basically it has the 6 stack cd and its use will be for radio and cd use only so only retain basic capabilities and a/c etc yeah Edited 03/08/12 09:49 AM by macca2042
knoles Legacy Donating Member 390 Member For: 15y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Port Hedland Posted 03/08/12 09:48 AM Posted 03/08/12 09:48 AM People normally install head units because the ICC sounds sh*tty through amps and farks with the sound to suit the factory speakers. If you wanna use the ICC I'd suggest a sound processor such as a Rockford 3sixty or alpine pha660 I think it is. They sound very good. 1
macca2042 Legacy Donating Member 150 Member For: 17y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Yarrawonga Posted 03/08/12 09:50 AM Author Posted 03/08/12 09:50 AM People normally install head units because the ICC sounds sh*tty through amps and farks with the sound to suit the factory speakers. If you wanna use the ICC I'd suggest a sound processor such as a Rockford 3sixty or alpine pha660 I think it is. They sound very good.Was looking into the alpine digital media receiver for the head unit personally
knoles Legacy Donating Member 390 Member For: 15y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Port Hedland Posted 03/08/12 09:57 AM Posted 03/08/12 09:57 AM The pxa-h800 is the top of the line and has a head unit sized controller that can be also tucked away if you want factory look. Look it up on you tube to get an idea of what it is and does.
macca2042 Legacy Donating Member 150 Member For: 17y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Yarrawonga Posted 03/08/12 10:21 AM Author Posted 03/08/12 10:21 AM Looks sweet as!! But maybe too much for a ute though, this is what I was looking into and was gonna just amp the speakers from the headunit and run new wire to the speakers from the amp but retain the factory wire to the speakers maybe splice them into the new wire?http://alpine.com.au/showItem.php?item_id=37
knoles Legacy Donating Member 390 Member For: 15y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Port Hedland Posted 03/08/12 10:28 AM Posted 03/08/12 10:28 AM I'm fairly certain that, that will send voltage back to the ICC causing problems
macca2042 Legacy Donating Member 150 Member For: 17y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Yarrawonga Posted 03/08/12 10:34 AM Author Posted 03/08/12 10:34 AM Hmm that don't sound like what I want.. Might have to look into this further..
knoles Legacy Donating Member 390 Member For: 15y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Port Hedland Posted 03/08/12 11:00 AM Posted 03/08/12 11:00 AM Somebody needs to mount an iPad into the factory facia already!!! Problem solved. 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now