V8landcruiser100 Legacy Donating Member 12 Member For: 14y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 13/06/12 03:31 AM Posted 13/06/12 03:31 AM HI I'am starting my G6E build, the car is a 2009 build MK1. My goals for the car is for it to remain looking stock with power in the 300 to 320kws at the wheels.The first mods that I had purchased was a Palzmaman turbo side intake and battery relocation which I had installed for 3 weeks. The intake was fun for 2 weeks but was just way to loud. The Plazmaman intake was replaced with a KPM street fighter/ FPV Coyote intake This intake is great and has a stock look to it and has a great sound without the over the top Dyson induction noise. This was followed up with a PWR stepped intercooler. The build quality is amazing and they are not joking when they say its the largest core that will fit with out cutting. When installing it I almost thought it was not going to fit, its very tight. The intercooler was fitted with the Plazmaman intercooler piping kit. The stock piping that goes through the underside of the drivers side headlight is for some reason crushed down and somewhat restrictive.I have a venom hi-flow cat pipe but wanted to get a baseline dyno run done before it was fitted and dyno tuned. The results was very surprising considering it has not been tunedthere is more to come and will keep you posted. 1
MexicanBatman G666E Turbo!!! Member 1,008 Member For: 16y 8m 15d Gender: Male Posted 13/06/12 04:29 AM Posted 13/06/12 04:29 AM Very niceGoing to mod the turbo, or keep it stockMines stock and it performs very well, but I wish it had just a little more up top
V8landcruiser100 Legacy Donating Member 12 Member For: 14y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 13/06/12 05:00 AM Author Posted 13/06/12 05:00 AM Thanks mexicanbatman I was intending to keep the turbo as is but knowing me once its tuned and I get board with it, it could be on the cards. The main problem I have is traction but I am hoping some nitto NT05's should help.
tuono Member 312 Member For: 15y 10m 18d Posted 13/06/12 08:46 AM Posted 13/06/12 08:46 AM Very cool. It's a shame that cooler is hidden!
stroller SHLAMBD. Member 259 Member For: 14y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Perth NOR Posted 13/06/12 09:32 AM Posted 13/06/12 09:32 AM that intercooler is nice. where did you get it from?
Vylnt79 Member 170 Member For: 14y 3m 23d Posted 13/06/12 09:56 AM Posted 13/06/12 09:56 AM Do u need a gt bonnet to fit that air box and were did you get it and how much it looks awesome
V8landcruiser100 Legacy Donating Member 12 Member For: 14y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 13/06/12 10:39 AM Author Posted 13/06/12 10:39 AM The intercooler I purchased directly through PWR when I went to Brisbane on holidays.The air box was from KPM Adelaide and cost $595 supplied. I run the standard bonnet but I am not sure if KPM re-manufacture them to fit.
Shyfrd Turboless Legacy Donating Member 5,992 Member For: 15y 7m 4d Gender: Male Location: Geelong, Victoria Posted 13/06/12 10:48 AM Posted 13/06/12 10:48 AM Nah there's another car on here in the thread about that air box and is in an XR6T with standard bonnet no dramas
Vylnt79 Member 170 Member For: 14y 3m 23d Posted 13/06/12 11:50 AM Posted 13/06/12 11:50 AM The intercooler I purchased directly through PWR when I went to Brisbane on holidays.The air box was from KPM Adelaide and cost $595 supplied. I run the standard bonnet but I am not sure if KPM re-manufacture them to fit.Re-manufacture them to fit??? So you had to modify your or did it fit straight on???
V8landcruiser100 Legacy Donating Member 12 Member For: 14y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 13/06/12 12:06 PM Author Posted 13/06/12 12:06 PM it bolted straight on but was slightly touching the intercooler piping so I removed a little bit of plastic from the side with a die grinder just to be safe but is still a close fit
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now