James_94 Member 3 Member For: 14y 4m 11d Posted 20/05/12 11:00 AM Posted 20/05/12 11:00 AM hey all,Been interested in cars since a kid and im looking at having abit of a project car just to toy with and what not.What im wondering whats it like to buy a motor for an xr6 have it down the shed and rebuild it then drop it in an xr6 a little later, the reason I ask is while im on my p's and cant drive the car I dont have the space to keep the car but I want the satisfaction and fun of building a motor then dropping it in a car later, just looking for a few tips like others that have done this maby? and just any real problems that people have encounted.One other thing I was wondering is what the stock BA and BF gearbox is good for?thanks, James
old_mate Member 767 Member For: 20y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/05/12 11:21 AM Posted 20/05/12 11:21 AM the BA/BF 4 speed is good for not much stock, they go ok when modded. The T5 manual is a joke, forget it.The ZF would be a pain to get going in anything but a car built with one.I wouldnt bother buying a car to drop a good motor in later, unless it was something other than a BA/BF. Just buy one with all the kit in the first place. Much easier and cheaper.
xr6t_ute Legacy Donating Member 2,281 Member For: 19y 3m 6d Gender: Male Location: south east suburbs Posted 20/05/12 11:26 AM Posted 20/05/12 11:26 AM The btr 4 speed is a strong box when rebuilt. I still have mine.
James_94 Member 3 Member For: 14y 4m 11d Posted 20/05/12 11:41 AM Author Posted 20/05/12 11:41 AM so is the auto the go if your going to run higher power figures?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now