Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 10m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

Hey guys,

I have ordered a new o2 sensor for my 2004 ba xr6t.

It was a NTK version bought from ebay. It has come in genuine ford packaging, and was definately in the list on the ad for a Ba turbo, amoung other models...

Problem is, the actual tip of the sensor appears to be slightly different in design to my original.....instead of long thin cutt outs to allow the gasses to pass through sensor tip, this one has small holes instead?

Is this ok to use ? Has anyone else found this same issue ? Did ford have a 02 sensor design change after 2004 ?

  • Me
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

You didnt give a part number. There are two oxy sensors. If its the one before the Cat ( the cheaper one of the two to replace) Mine was from Motor traders and sounds the same as the part you have..

  • FLY-FPV
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 2m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Greensborough Vic
Posted

Dont worry that one will work fine I put the same one in my ba the new tip is probably a new design your ba only has only 1 o2 sensor near the turbo under the heat shield

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 10m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

thanks guys.....yeah daztbo my next comment was to mention that ba's only have one sensor......did you find an improvement in fuel consumtion after replacing it?

  • FLY-FPV
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 17y 2m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Greensborough Vic
Posted

Yeah a lil bit but it defenantly run nicer I would recommend doin it

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 10m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

cheers mate......I replaced it with an aftermarket item a while ago which caused my consumtion to actually increase. I then ordered this one and thought , here we go again.....so its good to hear it works fine....thanks

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Me
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

Dont worry that one will work fine I put the same one in my ba the new tip is probably a new design your ba only has only 1 o2 sensor near the turbo under the heat shield

I have replaced both of mine? What is the second one after the Cat? ( I am here to learn)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...