Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: north brisbane
Posted

hey guy's

today I went down the road to see the local performance shop. I want to do basic mods zorst intake tune etc to my 2011 fg manual ute ( I know the mods that I have mentioned wont push 400hp) . now he said the manual utes have a big problem when there pushing around 400hp+ and they can axle tramp badly and can effect the oil pump gears by some sort of vibration but sort he didnt really know why it dose it but he has had 3 utes that did this. best case you can fix it around $3500.00 or worst case new motor needed. now what I wanna kno has anyone herd this before or had this problem ?? is there anything to avoid it or parts that we can use to stop it other dnt mod it :P ahaa

I am asking the question because I as soon as I start doing mods warranty will be out the window and if it can I <3 Bananas out around 400hp I carnt see why it carnt at 300hp

what exactly is axle tramp he was sorta beating around the bush :/

thanks

Guest XR09
  • Guests
Posted

Axle tramp is the rear wheels hopping under load.

And around 300rwkw is where it's at its worst. Go 400rwkw and no worries if you give it a bootful.

Or you can replace the bushes and get heavier or slower springs and dampers to suit.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...