smp86 Member 8 Member For: 15y 9m 21d Posted 27/08/11 11:59 PM Posted 27/08/11 11:59 PM So after months of replacing things to get my car running right again... still no luck.ill start with the car - its a 03 ba xr6 turbo, no mods other than k&n(spending too much to get it running, would have loved to spend that money on mods)Im experiencing spluttering and stalling, both idling and normal driving. the spluttering is worse once I hit boost - so im thinking fuel?ive replaced turbo, injectors, plugs, leads, fuel filter, and still got the problem. The last mechanic I took it to said because its not constant it could be electrical, made a bit of sense so ive ordered new coils (will be here tomorrow).Also noticed that my ABS light is flickering as its shuddering.Now he's had the car a bit more he's saying fuel pump.I called a few mobs (hitech, coventrys, auto1 ect) and they all say that you cant just replace the 'pump' you have to buy the whole cradle.Is this true?Im sure I saw some pumps advertised as 'direct replacement' for xr6 turbo.Im not looking to upgrade to something massive, but I would like to keep it as an intank pump and as close to standard as possible, unless its around the same price to put a slightly bigger one in?I know the gss 340 is intank, but will it fit in standard cradle ect?So, is there a direct replacement for a ba xr6 turbo fuel pump?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now