Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: LONDON,ENGLAND
Posted

Hi I have had a knocking noise coming from the n/s/f strut / wheel area.I have changed the top and bottom ball joints the bushes all look fine.the question is has anyone heard of the insert coming loose in the strut body,the noise sounds like the top strut mount has gone but it hasn,t ? as from my profile I live in the uk and the p+p is more money than the parts themselves I,m over on holiday on the 21st and going to throw the cloths out the cases and return with ute parts just want to bring the right parts home.thanks stu.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NZ
Posted

have you checked the sway bar mounts?

mine had come loose where it connects to the control arm and was making a knocking noise.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 22d
Posted

I had driver's side top mount fail.

It first manifest as the most frustratinging, capricious PIA series of crap symptoms.

Generally nothing would happen all summer. Come cooler weather however and the car would sound like the springs, or something big and heavy, were slamming against the firewall, or the floor. The noise level was approximately equally to thumping the structure hard with a ball hammer. It was loud.

Road surface shape, though not amplitude, would send it chronic, with multiple train like instances every 5-20 seconds. At times it would disappear for a week, and then return as before.

It nearly always disappeared when attempting to demonstrate the issue to the dealership... and return an hour later. After two years the issue became constant irrespective of weather, permitting a diagnosis.

Two dealerships and three suspension places failed to ID to the root cause despite giving it their all. It cost me and the Dealerships a bundle.

Eventually a star apprentice in the Ford Dealer system went all out and IDed and nailed the issue. It has been perfect since. The man is a genius.

Good Luck.

Regards,

aa

  • Team Kickass
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Albion Park, NSW
Posted

I am getting an annoying knocking sound at low speed when at full lock and also when the front becomes loaded up to 60 km /hr while turning, sounds to be coming from the front off side and I can feel it through the steering wheel any help would be appreciated to me it sounds/feels like the bushes or the sway bar????

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 15y 11m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

I also have a knock front rhs. Apparently all ball joints/etc check out OK so I've just put it down to the shock. BF ii, has a few kms on it so I know they need doing.

  • 7 months later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 3d
Posted

was this happening all the time? or just when turning?

I get noises and vibrating when turning left, only left from the right hand front

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 16y 7m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Muswellbrook NSW
Posted

my car does the same as yours slymeat

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...