GT35/40 HEMI Member 6 Member For: 15y 9m 14d Posted 19/03/11 05:09 AM Posted 19/03/11 05:09 AM Hi Guys, I am using alot of XR6T parts on my VG valiant turbocharger project and have a question about the XR6T AFR sensor and how to install a autometer gauge onto it so here goesI have a factory XR6T 4 wire sensor, I believe each of the wire are 1-heater power 2 heater ground 3 O2 sensor signal high 4 O2 sensor gound low can anyone please help me identify which is which I imagine the black is 2 heater ground, grey is 1 heater power but there are 2 white wires????I also have a autometer narrow band gauge. I am not currently running an ecu. Do I need any control modules for the signal between the sensor and the gauge or can I just feed the correct signal to the gauge? sorry for any ignorance on my behalf this is all pretty new to me and good old carbis are pretty simple 1970 technology!!cheers
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 15d Gender: Male Posted 19/03/11 07:53 AM Posted 19/03/11 07:53 AM it would be much more useful to buy a wideband sensor/controller. they are only about $200 and you can still use your narrowband gauge.
GT35/40 HEMI Member 6 Member For: 15y 9m 14d Posted 19/03/11 09:21 PM Author Posted 19/03/11 09:21 PM it would be much more useful to buy a wideband sensor/controller. they are only about $200 and you can still use your narrowband gauge.Yeah thanks I have read most of the other posts about the narrow band and not many people like them but I have the stuff. Is it really that bad using a narrowband sensor considering at the moment I am tuning the carbies with a vacuum gauge?In an case once I have finished my EFI conversion I plan on installing a wide band sensor. What are the best brands for sensors and controllers? Innovate, Autometer, Speco, AEM and there is also an aussie website selling sensors and control modules wbo2 or something? Any brands to steer clear of?
Gee Member 131 Member For: 17y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 19/03/11 09:40 PM Posted 19/03/11 09:40 PM The white wires are the tell the ecu when the exhaust gases/o2 senser is hot enough and start using the os sensor. The black and grey are the variable resistor and it changes resistance as the A/F increase/decrease. This can be do found on the Bosch website if you download the o2 sensor catalog. It also explains how to test them too.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now