go fast Member 3 Member For: 16y 3m 4d Posted 12/03/11 02:24 PM Posted 12/03/11 02:24 PM Hey I have an 05 xr6 turbo with a generic 10 psi tune every now and than it stalls for no reason, its happened while driving aswell.I was just seeing has anyone else have this problem, and what could be the course.iv gone to ford and had it diagnosed but came back with nothing and they said they had no idea whjy its doiung it.
icer Banned 2,335 Member For: 17y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Aspendale, Vic. Posted 12/03/11 04:12 PM Posted 12/03/11 04:12 PM welcome to the forum.Before everyone jumps down your throat, ill be the first to say, get RID of the generic tune. It is one of the biggest engine killers these cars can have.Get a custom tune and it will most likely fix your problem too, or at least your tuner will be able to point out whats wrong.
silver ghost Legacy Donating Member 109 Member For: 19y 6m Gender: Male Location: airlie beach Posted 12/03/11 11:43 PM Posted 12/03/11 11:43 PM the other problem could be your throttle body as mine did the same and ford couldnt find it either I did pulling it apart one day all good now.
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 13/03/11 01:02 AM Posted 13/03/11 01:02 AM A generic is ok to use IF you've had it on a dyno to make sure it safe. Otherwise, you're asking for trouble. Get it looked at by a reputable shop. Check out one of the forum sponsors in your area.
go fast Member 3 Member For: 16y 3m 4d Posted 15/03/11 07:05 AM Author Posted 15/03/11 07:05 AM thanx I no im going to get a custom tune done at kpm in adelaide im just waiting for some funds to get an intercooler, valve springs and injectors, the only reason I gotta generic tune is because the ford dealership I bought my car from payed for it and is still under warranty with it. Iv also got it check at kpm and they said itd running great for a generic tune
freeze_dk I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation Legacy Donating Member 8,610 Member For: 20y 3d Gender: Male Posted 15/03/11 09:47 AM Posted 15/03/11 09:47 AM was it before or after you got the tune?
go fast Member 3 Member For: 16y 3m 4d Posted 19/03/11 06:38 AM Author Posted 19/03/11 06:38 AM after I got the tune
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now