bluprinturbo Legacy Donating Member 605 Member For: 18y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 30/01/11 09:33 AM Posted 30/01/11 09:33 AM mate, if you've got people who build, tune and maintain 3000hp drag cars then why would you ask us what you need. lol. talk to them. they will probably recommend a powerglide.
RIP_HSV HOON Member 1,636 Member For: 16y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: W.A Posted 30/01/11 09:39 AM Posted 30/01/11 09:39 AM Powerglide, turbo 400 or C4..... if you need a trans built Welshpool Automatics or DTM are the two better shops in W.A
Damo21 Member 38 Member For: 17y 7m 9d Gender: Male Location: Bunbury, West Oz Posted 30/01/11 09:44 AM Author Posted 30/01/11 09:44 AM Coz you guys probably got more idea about the xr6t's. They do all big power work. Right now my car is only making 350rwhp haha I got atleast another 2500 to go yes I was told to get powerglide but not so good for driving around town when I get the occasional chance. That is why I wanted turbo 400 or something so I got more gears and it is still driveable
Damo21 Member 38 Member For: 17y 7m 9d Gender: Male Location: Bunbury, West Oz Posted 30/01/11 09:48 AM Author Posted 30/01/11 09:48 AM Do you know a bloke called Phil jackman? Mandurah diff and trans I think? He rebuilt my 4 speed. He suggested powerglide and turbo 400. He also said there is a Nissan patrol gearbox that can be put in the xr6t's now but really heavy. Also spoke to Simon at all fast torque convertors and he said same thing
bluprinturbo Legacy Donating Member 605 Member For: 18y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 30/01/11 09:57 AM Posted 30/01/11 09:57 AM nissan patrol gearbox sounds interesting. I know they are one tough mutha of a box. I dont think anyone has done that yet. could be wrong.
RIP_HSV HOON Member 1,636 Member For: 16y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: W.A Posted 30/01/11 09:59 AM Posted 30/01/11 09:59 AM Yeah I know Phil Jackman, originally he was going to build me a T400... a few mates have VL Turbos running his trans and reasonably priced $5000ish for trans convertor etc, the nissan box is Re4ro3a 3 speed with overdrive there are a couple of guys on this forum who have done the conversion
Damo21 Member 38 Member For: 17y 7m 9d Gender: Male Location: Bunbury, West Oz Posted 30/01/11 10:26 AM Author Posted 30/01/11 10:26 AM Yep big gearbox haha I have patrol work ute. Engine and gearbox are out of little ud trucks so got to be tough as. Yep Phil said 6000 for turbo 400 conversion. I'll have to ask about c4 and other gearboxes. Anything that can handle power 4 speed now has more clutches, bigger piston and higher pressures thanks to Phil. Smashes hard into gear haha powerskid out of tafe into second and just goes sideways haha. Tafe lecturers always love it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now