Melbourne Driveline Guru Needed Plz ! ! @_@ !

scottay

• Member For: 14y 3d

Hey,

I took it back to the dealer, they said yes we can hear the noise cool so sweet leave it with them. They said they went over the whole car and could not fault anything to cause the noise. W T F. if you drive normally you will never hear the noise really. Give it berries in drive and only ever hear it if you back off in high revs . I can make the thud happen 100% of the time by for example putting the car in sports shift in say 2nd gear. Revving to 4.5-5k and completely backing off the accelerator. As soo as I back off I get a thud. Its not dif backlash. Its not split dif bushes. And they said they checked all the bushes under the car... so what could it be ?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 22d

scottay mate... sounds like a big bunch of horse sh*t they couldnt find it..

how long till your warranty runs out?

• Member For: 14y 3d

Well it was 3 month stat warranty from the car yard.

I already called the warranty guy who is like the middleman between the consumer and the dealer and explain they said they know the noise is there but said they can find nothing wrong. I got them to write a letter stating that aswell. The dif bushes were already replaced. Im going to take it to pedders and see if they can find anything with that $14 suspension check and if they do well sh*ts going to hit the fan. Everytime they take the car its for like 3 days and its a 45 min trip there and 45 back for me to pick the f*ckn thing up. !!

• Member For: 13y 6m 5d

It could be the centre bearing in the tailshaft mate .... or maybe the solonoid . I have an 04 xr6turbo 138 000 klms . I have a thud after backing off accelerator or when I nail it and the auto drops down a gear or two , then 'thud' , very unpleasant and annoying. I only just rebuilt the entire transmission , $2500 worth , and it still does it, not as bad , but its still there. Last night a mate at work sugguested it may be the centre bearing in the tail shaft, after he came out for a drive in my car after work. I also had a full RACV inspection before I bought the car and they told me the thud from under the car was due to the Centreline rear diff bush , so I replaced it , and it didnt make a damn differenc. Now ive just fully rebuilt the auto and it still does it. this is my first xr6 turbo and altho I love the car , this thud is making me want to drive the car off a cliff. Im hoping its the bearing in the tailshaft or maybe solonoid, if its not either of these two ill be ripping some hair out or balding prematurely ! wow this almost feels like some type of therapy . lol .... Justin Z