tuono Member 312 Member For: 15y 10m 26d Posted 13/11/10 09:03 AM Posted 13/11/10 09:03 AM Hi, Newbie here. Picked up my new G6E Turbo 50th today. What a friggin great car! Traded in a Crewman SS. The turbo floggs it. Amazing power. Sooo quick. They didnt install the sd card for the sat nav. I rang the dealer and was told it could go under either seat or somewhere under the dash?!(it was the salesman) I cant see where. I can drop in Monday and get it put in, but I want it going now. Anyone one know where it goes? I'm sure there would a be a thread on here about it, but that's what you blokes are for! Cheers.
MexicanBatman G666E Turbo!!! Member 1,008 Member For: 16y 8m 23d Gender: Male Posted 13/11/10 09:40 AM Posted 13/11/10 09:40 AM Are you sure it has the nav? I'd think not if they haven't already had it setup..
tuono Member 312 Member For: 15y 10m 26d Posted 13/11/10 10:02 AM Author Posted 13/11/10 10:02 AM Yes, it comes stock in the 50th model. I got the Sat Nav booklet, CD rom ,sd card and remote. They just didnt install it. Not good I know. If I just knew where to slot it in, I'd be right. The sat nav wont fire up with out it.
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 13/11/10 10:26 AM Posted 13/11/10 10:26 AM should be on left hand side kick panel under dash.near glove boxIan
tuono Member 312 Member For: 15y 10m 26d Posted 13/11/10 10:35 AM Author Posted 13/11/10 10:35 AM Cheers Goldie, will check it out soon, when it stops raining!! Picked up the car today and its been pissing down non stop. These things struggle with traction in the dry. Cant wait for the weather to clear up for a real blast!!
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 13/11/10 11:03 AM Posted 13/11/10 11:03 AM seems strange that the dealer did not set the nav up.It is part of the ford pre delivery check the dealer has to do.Ian
tuono Member 312 Member For: 15y 10m 26d Posted 13/11/10 11:23 AM Author Posted 13/11/10 11:23 AM I agree, that's what the other salesman said when I rang up. Busy Saturday morning I suppose, no excuses really. Never mind.
karven Member 12 Member For: 16y 1m 8d Posted 13/11/10 09:50 PM Posted 13/11/10 09:50 PM When picking up any new car you should make sure as much as you can, that what you paid for is what you get. Me, I would make sure the dealer installed everyhing required for the sat nav as I am pretty sure if you say you had a go and it still don't work, Ford would be saying it was something you did.Only thing I and quite a few others had, was the glovebox out of shape, dealer swapped it for a new one no problem.
tuono Member 312 Member For: 15y 10m 26d Posted 14/11/10 06:24 AM Author Posted 14/11/10 06:24 AM I got it going today no worries, it was easy to find and plug in. Now I have to learn how to use it!! You live and learn, I've never had a nav, so wasn't aware the sd card was even needed. The next challenge is keeping my license. Man, this thing pulls hard. The power is so linear and smooth. Love it.
karven Member 12 Member For: 16y 1m 8d Posted 14/11/10 09:17 AM Posted 14/11/10 09:17 AM Well done on getting the thing working. I know what you mean re the power, it is just amazing for the kind of cash we are talking about. Like most I am not in love with the styling or the name but oh that power feeling is great.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now