Gypo Member 15 Member For: 16y 5m 10d Posted 01/07/10 03:39 PM Posted 01/07/10 03:39 PM Hey guys,Recently while driving, both my (ABS) and Brake failure - ( ! ) lights came on on my dash. Its been on for little while, and sometimes it goes away if I restart the car. Im a little concrened as after significant driving the brakes smell.Just wondering if anyone else has had this, and how much I should expect to pay a mechanic, or if I can resolve it myself.Just to be clear, I havent lost the ability to effectively brake, it just smells and the lights are a little disconcerning :SThanks in advance, Gypo.
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/07/10 11:26 PM Posted 01/07/10 11:26 PM How long is a piece of string? If it smells they are probably constantly engaged... for whatever reason,maybe just one wheel. Or even your handbrake.I'd definitley be taking it to someone that knows what they are doing.
Gypo Member 15 Member For: 16y 5m 10d Posted 02/07/10 04:49 AM Author Posted 02/07/10 04:49 AM Turns out its the ABS ECU. Needs to be replaced from ford. :S hopefully its not too expensive...
schmick325 Member 67 Member For: 17y 5m 3d Posted 24/07/10 01:57 PM Posted 24/07/10 01:57 PM when you say ABS ECU, do you mean the ABS module? If so, its a part of the ABS pump and usually the whole unit is replaced. Its in the engine bay on the left side near the firewall.You're looking at over $1k from Ford.A few months ago I had an 05 BAII XR6 ute kicking around and it has the ABS light on.I bought a 2nd hand pump/module from the wreckers for $150 and it worked great.Fitted it, hadto reset it with the computer and all was good.
Gypo Member 15 Member For: 16y 5m 10d Posted 25/07/10 10:22 AM Author Posted 25/07/10 10:22 AM Yer, I mean the module, I got quoted $200 from the wreckers, not too bad.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now