OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 9d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 13/10/03 10:37 AM Posted 13/10/03 10:37 AM hey there,I have reverse sensors as well, my stereo doesn't mute either, but the warning tones are definatly comming from the rear speakers. Also with all these options, why no Turbo option?
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 13/10/03 03:24 PM Posted 13/10/03 03:24 PM A phone call to Ford Customer Service - tell them the dealer has supplied you with a cheap and nasty aftermarket system and charged you the genuine Ford price - this actually amounts to fraud - Ford will sort this out on your behalf with the dealer I would expect, as it reflects very badly on them, and also that particular salesperson will be going across the road to look for a job with Holden.
badabing Member 40 Member For: 22y 11m 26d Location: Sydney Posted 13/10/03 10:04 PM Author Posted 13/10/03 10:04 PM Thanks you all for the advice, I will definately take this to Ford customer service if I don't get satisfaction from the dealer. If I don't get the answer I want when I take it in to have the TC button fitted I'll be on to them. What's the best way to contact Ford customer service?OwnaXR6T, I would have loved to option the turbo, but she who must be obeyed wouldn't hear of it, funny thing now is that I'm pretty sure she wishes she did :D
badabing Member 40 Member For: 22y 11m 26d Location: Sydney Posted 13/10/03 10:57 PM Author Posted 13/10/03 10:57 PM Could someone with the genuine Ford sensors with the "saucers" take a look under the bumper to see if there is a manufacturers name anywhere. I think I read somewhere that Ford uses Bosch sensors. If a photo was possible that would be great! I just want to be armed with all possible information before I do battle.OwnXR6T and P'cisT can you tell me if you have premium sound as I think the sensors can only be connected to the colour ICC.Thanks again everyone !
Guest BA Ghia Guests Posted 14/10/03 08:02 AM Posted 14/10/03 08:02 AM Yeah, Ford Uses Bosch Sensors.I actually looked into how much the sensors were to replace, as my son was interested in trying to fit the Reverse sensor system to his AU Ghia.The sensors are send and receive in one unit, unlike the cheap aftermarket models which use 1 send, one recieve sensor, giving 1 pair.The Ford one having a send and recieve in one unit give a total of 4 pairs.I have used those cheapy $99 reverse sensor models and although okey, it was no match for the BA system.The BA one picks up objects from 2 metres away, and even on angles such as objects near the fuel filler cap.That was something that really impressed me !Ohhh, and when I was pricing the Reverse sensor system...Each sensor, with the Dish was something like $110ea.To fit, all you need to do is drill a 20mm hole (or something like that).The complete system cost something like $520, for the colour ICC version (Because it has no parcel tray speaker unit), or $580 or so for the reverse sensor unit with the Rear parcel tray speaker.Again, hope this all helps
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 14/10/03 08:02 AM Posted 14/10/03 08:02 AM Ford Customer Service = 13ford
FORDTECH Member 383 Member For: 23y 4m 8d Location: On the edge Posted 14/10/03 10:27 AM Posted 14/10/03 10:27 AM The complete system cost something like $520, for the colour ICC version (Because it has no parcel tray speaker unit), or $580 or so for the reverse sensor unit with the Rear parcel tray speaker.Because the reverse sensing system is integrated into the audio system for "FAIRMONT GHIA", the vehicle occupant can control the volume up,down or off.ALL vehicles up to FAIRMONT(Irrespective of whether they are fitted with Premium Audio(Colour ICC) or not)utilizes a seperate speaker as part of the electronic control unit which is mounted to the rear parcell shelf and the volume is non adjustable.The dealer fitted genuine sensing system cannot be integrated to the audio system.
Guest P'cisT Guests Posted 14/10/03 10:49 AM Posted 14/10/03 10:49 AM OwnXR6T and P'cisT can you tell me if you have premium sound as I think the sensors can only be connected to the colour ICC. FORDTECH has pretty much answered in my behalf ^^Mines dealer fit and is not connected to the ICC. Volume also cannot be controlled.Hope that helps.
badabing Member 40 Member For: 22y 11m 26d Location: Sydney Posted 14/10/03 12:42 PM Author Posted 14/10/03 12:42 PM That's great thanks for the info, I do appreciate it. I'll let you know how I go with the dealer. If he hasn't called me back by midday tomorrow I'll get on his case.FORDTECH, just wondering are you actually a Ford Tech? Your last post is exactly what I wanted to know because I want to be able to tell these guys precisely how I want them to fix it, with the knowlege that I am right in what I am asking for. On a seperate note is there an easy way for me to determine if they have installed a genuine Ford alarm, it does operate through the Ford remote? I'm afraid I just don't trust them any more.
FORDTECH Member 383 Member For: 23y 4m 8d Location: On the edge Posted 15/10/03 08:53 AM Posted 15/10/03 08:53 AM FORDTECH, just wondering are you actually a Ford Tech? Your last post is exactly what I wanted to know because I want to be able to tell these guys precisely how I want them to fix it, with the knowlege that I am right in what I am asking for. On a seperate note is there an easy way for me to determine if they have installed a genuine Ford alarm, it does operate through the Ford remote? I'm afraid I just don't trust them any more. Yes I am a Tech.The only way you can tell if you have a genuine alarm is to look in the far corner of the engine bay, near the panel that covers the part where the wipers are housed.You should see an oval shaped plate with 2 bolts through it.This is your alarm siren.The other way is to remove your tissue compartment and using a mirror check the colour of your Body Electronics Module(Should be black if genuine alarm is fitted.If its light blue then its not a genuine alarm)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now