Power Limits Baii?

Lynchy

• Member For: 15y 3m 22d

I know there is a few similar topics to this already but I just need to put my mind at ease a bit haha.

Ok so got my car dyno tuned yesterday my BAII (08/05) is now putting out 342rwkw @ 14-15psi(all my mods are listed in my sig)only change to internals is vavle springs which according to my tuner need to be replaced already. I'm just a bit worried about how much power the car is running now..I really don't want to possibly have to fork out for a new bottom end a month down the line.

Car is driving good no dramas whatsoever even when floggin it and tune seems rather good not too aggressive but does anyone think I should wind it down to something like 320rwkw???

• Member For: 16y 2m 28d

Get a plenum on it and get the same power with less boost. Theres a few people running round the 400rwkw mark on the standard bottom end,so yours should be fine if the tuner is gentle and you maintain your engine with regular servicing. Mines at 320rwkw with a largish stall with standard bottom end and is loving life atm. Just dont belt the sh*t out of it all the time.

• I am dissatisfied with my current employment situation
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 30d

its all in the tune and how you treat it is how long the motor will last.. stay off the rev limiter and service it regularly.. its not bulletproof at the end of the day so its hard to make a concrete opinion

• 4 weeks later...