Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 10/05/09 07:29 AM Posted 10/05/09 07:29 AM Any tyre put on our cars, running 17's, must have a load index of 93 which is rarely considered. The load index represents 650kg of weight each tyre is able to carry. Now if we multiply that by 4 tyres and reach 2600kg combined, then this is a weight fully loaded with passengers and gear that should never be reached, however under heavy braking the front tyres bare an increase in this weight distribution.Many tyres out there of similar size and profile are rated below 93. Generally the cheaper branded tyres and even some expensive Continentals dont make this minimum 93 grade.I.B.
trevs Member 781 Member For: 19y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: balmain Posted 10/05/09 07:58 AM Posted 10/05/09 07:58 AM thanks Iconic Bionicjust a few questions (1) ive found putting high pressure in the front makes the steering feel lite does anybody notice this also to much in the back makes its way to ass happy even 38psi ive found is to much though I will say it seems to get rid of a large amount of tyre roll (2) what caster,camber and toe are ppl with bilsteins and kings running (3) how much of a diff will sway bars make is it really worth it cheers trev
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 10/05/09 08:44 AM Posted 10/05/09 08:44 AM just a few questions (1) ive found putting high pressure in the front makes the steering feel lite does anybody notice this also to much in the back makes its way to ass happy even 38psi ive found is to much though I will say it seems to get rid of a large amount of tyre roll never noticed this(3) how much of a diff will sway bars make is it really worth it Definatly worth it. Cheap and easy to do. Prevents a fair amount of body roll allowing for greater cornering speed to be maintained. Both front and rear should be done. Most on here use the Whiteline brand from Sydney.I.B.
Ace blind leading the blind Member 3,657 Member For: 18y 19d Gender: Male Location: Mt Alford, Queensland Posted 10/05/09 08:55 AM Posted 10/05/09 08:55 AM Sava Intensa (Made in Germany) went on the beast last week and are gripping very well. There also wider 245/40 17, where as your selection above are 235/45 17. About $200 per corner which helps.I.B.I had these tyres on my car when I brought it they were brand new and they only lasted 10000 k I drive on pretty rough roads but they just wore out and they had no grip once they got down to about half worn out they went soft felt like the suspension was stuffed in my car that is just my experience with those tyres hopefully yours turns out better
nelsonian101 Legacy Donating Member 961 Member For: 18y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 10/05/09 09:29 AM Posted 10/05/09 09:29 AM Stickiest tyres you will get for under $300 (set of 4 I.e. under $75 ea!!!) are on ebay now!! Falken RT215 235 45 17"
trevs Member 781 Member For: 19y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: balmain Posted 10/05/09 10:25 AM Posted 10/05/09 10:25 AM thanks mate but even though the Falken RT215 are a great tyre ive been doing a large amount of kms a week lately driving to work and a crap load of those days in heavy rain .having used these tyres befor as good as they are in the dry they are hopeless in the wet once they have a few thousand km on them cheers trev
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 10/05/09 12:48 PM Posted 10/05/09 12:48 PM I had these tyres on my car when I brought it they were brand new and they only lasted 10000 kUntil cruise time I generally drive around like some blind old women. Pretty much the reason I got 45k out of the original dunlops so if I get half that on the Intensa's I wont be too unhappy.I.B.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 14d Gender: Male Posted 22/05/09 09:00 AM Posted 22/05/09 09:00 AM I run Pirelli Dragons on mine. best set of tires I've had on there yet. they wear quite well as long as you have the pressure right. got em for $180 each. did some negotiating though Can I ask where you got them from?I've had Dragons in 185/60R14 and 195/55/R15 on my ke20 (4agte) and they were an awesome tyre.The Dunlops on the T that I bought this week really need replacing soon and I'll give the Dragons another go at that price.Otherwise I'll probably get Michelin PP2.cheers,JOno
Jafxr6t Member 89 Member For: 19y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: West Lake Macquarie Posted 22/05/09 09:33 AM Posted 22/05/09 09:33 AM I got them from JAX Quickfit but only got them at that price cause they stuffed up on the tires I was in to get. I was going to put some BF goodrich tires on and they said "yep no problem we have them in stock and can put them on tomorow". well tomorrow came and I went in at the appropriate time and behold... "oh sorry we dont have them." so I gave them a piece of my mind and said what you going to do about it... (think he had quoted $175 for the bfGood) so after a little I got them for that price.... good luck tryin to get them at that price though.glad they stuffed up. Got good tyres for cheep.
SuckSqueezeBangBlow ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs Legacy Donating Member 1,808 Member For: 17y 9m 14d Gender: Male Posted 27/05/09 09:58 AM Posted 27/05/09 09:58 AM dragons are on ebay atm for 190 per corner. 235/45/17.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now