DrewBytes Member 95 Member For: 23y 4m 3d Location: Canberra Posted 22/08/03 06:38 AM Posted 22/08/03 06:38 AM I though I had seen it all, the other day I was out shopping and I came accross a SS adult size push bike, it even had the proper SS badging on it :lol: Where did you see these bikes mate? Might have to go check them out
MattB Member 169 Member For: 23y 8m 21d Location: Canberra Posted 22/08/03 07:14 AM Posted 22/08/03 07:14 AM I though I had seen it all, the other day I was out shopping and I came accross a SS adult size push bike, it even had the proper SS badging on it :lol:Where did you see these bikes mate? Might have to go check them out They've been out for a while. There's even a Monaro one. Rides pretty well, actually.
Mercurial Member 47 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Posted 22/08/03 07:17 AM Posted 22/08/03 07:17 AM Like I said Drewbytes, I'm no dyno expert. I was at a dyno day, there were quite a few cars dyno'd, and they were printing the results with fly wheel kilowatt numbers. It looks like this was done using some sort of estimation algorithm (as suggested by Silverhawk) on their Dyno (I noticed it was a Dyno Dynamics Dyno). It wasn't my dyno, I didn't test the cars myself, and I'll say it again so that maybe it sinks in, I'm no expert. I was there, Isaw the figures the dyno produced, mine and the STI's were bang on accurate, so I thought that it was likely that the holdens was too. Do I need to apologise to you for telling you what I saw, or are you OVER IT, the same as me?
DrewBytes Member 95 Member For: 23y 4m 3d Location: Canberra Posted 22/08/03 07:22 AM Posted 22/08/03 07:22 AM Like I said Drewbytes, I'm no dyno expert. I was at a dyno day, there were quite a few cars dyno'd, and they were printing the results with fly wheel kilowatt numbers. It looks like this was done using some sort of estimation algorithm (as suggested by Silverhawk) on their Dyno (I noticed it was a Dyno Dynamics Dyno). It wasn't my dyno, I didn't test the cars myself, and I'll say it again so that maybe it sinks in, I'm no expert. I was there, Isaw the figures the dyno produced, mine and the STI's were bang on accurate, so I thought that it was likely that the holdens was too. Do I need to apologise to you for telling you what I saw, or are you OVER IT, the same as me?There's nothing to get over Unless rwkw figures can be provided the figures you gave mean nothing. Eg 4wd car might lose 45% through driveline, SS loses 25%, you simply can't provide fwkw readings as each type of car is different - end of story. The dyno didn't produce the figures you gave - some sort of *estimation* software did.
Mercurial Member 47 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Posted 22/08/03 08:15 AM Posted 22/08/03 08:15 AM I agree with you completely. My only point of interest was that the 'estimation' software was pretty accurate on my ford, and also seemingly on an AWD Subaru, so it's quite possible it also was on the Caprice. Enjoy your weekend :D
DrewBytes Member 95 Member For: 23y 4m 3d Location: Canberra Posted 22/08/03 08:42 AM Posted 22/08/03 08:42 AM I agree with you completely. My only point of interest was that the 'estimation' software was pretty accurate on my ford, and also seemingly on an AWD Subaru, so it's quite possible it also was on the Caprice. Enjoy your weekend :D I agree too It may have been down on power for any one of a number of reasons (including brand new motor - still tight). Just seems strange that they quoted fwkw - I don't know of anyone who does this or why they would, as rwkw is the universally accepted waying of doing it and leaves no room for argument.BTW engines vary quite a bit from the factory at times. I remember reading on here a guy who got only 160rwkw in his new T, which equates to around 208fwkw, that may have been a tight new motor or a Friday arvo build...
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 22/08/03 10:00 AM Posted 22/08/03 10:00 AM I agree with you completely. Enjoy your weekend :DI agree too Aaaahhhh, isn't that enough to make you feel all warm and gooey inside :tears:
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 23/08/03 01:27 AM Author Posted 23/08/03 01:27 AM Now ladies,as I said the owner is rapped with it & so am I, as I now that I'll be able to dust him & others like him should I encounter them on the blacktop (although this site doesn't this sort of behaviour, I do!) He's happy & so am I, what's to whine about. Holden's suck, always have, always will & if you disagree go elsewhere where your opinion will be homestly respected. But if you chose to stay, good for you & that I'll respect!!Scottyp.s. "Drewbites" SS wagons looks real trick!
Venom XR6 Member 1,460 Member For: 23y 5m 11d Location: Geelong Victoria Posted 23/08/03 01:41 AM Posted 23/08/03 01:41 AM Gen 3's seem to be very inconsisent with power figures. Some make good power, some make poor power. GM build quality I suppose. The 245kw Caprice tested by Motor made heaps less at the rear wheels than the 235kw ones and the average kw's recorded at the wheels was all over the place.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now