Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 22d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

I am thinking about getting nudge bar for my ute. what option are out there? I did a search and found a couple guys here have the TJM. a question for you guys, do you found that having a nudge bar infront cause the car to run hotter? also someone mentioned it will be mounted differently on a turbo due to intercooler. has it affected the performance at all?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted

It won't make the car run any hotter - it is hard to make the mounts fit due to the intercooler. Maybe TJM have come up with the proper brackets for the turbo but they only had the standard XR ones when I put the bar on my son's ute.

If you can't get the proper brackets I have pics showing what mods I did to the XR ones to make it fit ... IMO the nudge bar looks really tuff on the ute with the sports bar.

post-33-1061340546.jpg

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 22d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

looks great, mmm, good place to mount those driving lights too.

I think I will need to get the bar fitted as I don't have enough tools to fit it

  • TRAITOR
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville, NQ
Posted

Here's a more recent pic of of my ute.

The lights have been removed leaving just the bar.

I like it B)

Click Here

  • TRAITOR
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville, NQ
Posted

Thanks Mate :D

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m 22d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

thanks for the pics, it help a lot with making up my mind. I will go and talk to TJM and found out more info about it.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted

whatever> Bocar also do nudge bars so it might be worth checking them out as well - they are more expensive I'm told but are the highest quality - not that there is much I can fault with the two TJM units I have purchased.

And there is another Co. near you, Brissy, but I have seen there welding and finish and it wasn't quite as good as the tJM - but it's worth sussing them all out and finding which suits you the best.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...