RSK Member 340 Member For: 19y 19d Gender: Male Posted 25/02/09 08:05 AM Posted 25/02/09 08:05 AM Yep, stock cat. My tuner said it wouldn't need a re-tune. I take the reason being the CAT is the biggest restriction in the exhaust and effects the back pressure the most? In regards to the burble, I've heard stock cars with centre mufflers out burble, and on retune it goes away. I havn't heard about the burble in relation to tuned cars getting the muffler out burbling after though. Guess I'll find out
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 25/02/09 09:51 AM Posted 25/02/09 09:51 AM I forgot to mention no cat no mufflers = uncontrolable boost. I have a modded wastegate fitted.
cranners Member 56 Member For: 17y 10m 10d Posted 25/02/09 10:04 AM Posted 25/02/09 10:04 AM So a XR6t with no cat but rear muffler would dampen performance??
4SinAir Member 125 Member For: 18y 1m 16d Gender: Male Location: morley, perth Posted 25/02/09 10:40 AM Author Posted 25/02/09 10:40 AM We've done a few of these as custom jobs, but with twin cannons... not too loud really. wat do you think about just putting one canon on the end an with them standard hotdogs just before the canon RAPID?cheers
RSK Member 340 Member For: 19y 19d Gender: Male Posted 26/02/09 05:04 AM Posted 26/02/09 05:04 AM In saying that, its not going to dramatically increase flow or power so a retune isnt needed.Just spoke with my tuner, and he was a bit hesitant, and said that it MAY increase boost a bit, and change my AFR, around. So being better safe then sorry, car is going in tommorow after the exhaust to check the AFR's and a possible Re=rutune
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now