Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 9d Posted 24/12/08 11:37 PM Posted 24/12/08 11:37 PM Anyone here actually figured out how to remove and install this stupid thing without slipping a disc in your lower back trying to get the hinge pin back in?
timmy Massive Tool Legacy Donating Member 567 Member For: 18y 17d Gender: Male Posted 25/12/08 12:19 AM Posted 25/12/08 12:19 AM FTI found mine takes 2 people to remove and 3 to install easy.I removed pins first then struts and did the reverse for the install.(the struts seem to keep the lid in the right place for the pins)I had a BA before and think the design on that was much better.hope this helpsTimmy
Adrian6T T.P.I.S. Legacy Donating Member 2,578 Member For: 21y 9m 27d Gender: Male Location: SoR, WA Posted 25/12/08 12:21 AM Posted 25/12/08 12:21 AM I agree. I cant get my pins out so I unbolt the hinge to get it off.
timmy Massive Tool Legacy Donating Member 567 Member For: 18y 17d Gender: Male Posted 25/12/08 12:30 AM Posted 25/12/08 12:30 AM Are you guys sure yours are installed correctlyCause mine is a piece of piss to remove install
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 9d Posted 25/12/08 03:59 AM Author Posted 25/12/08 03:59 AM It just keeps pushing towards the cab and up. Almost like it's not lined up as it is very difficult to get the pins out, not to mention the amount of swearing required to get it back in, this is with and without the gas struts connected. Agreed that the BA-BF design was far easier to take on and off. Might just remove the hinge system completely next time if it can be done with the lid on.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now