Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 23d
Posted

Guys,

I come from the old school v8's and found myself now owning a BA MKII XR6 Turbo. My question is ... is there any point putting a BOV on an Auto?

I have no experence with turbo motors.

Thanks.

  • Into the laaaake
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Nrth Qld
Posted

Your car has one as standard fitment. Unless you like the noise, just leave it as is.

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 23d
Posted

Hurm I dont mind the "shudder noise" but I am thinking of fitting the Plazmaman Street Pro Spec 3 intercooler kit - 700HP. and then fitting Rap1d's SIEMENS DEKA 60lb INJECTORS. just wondering what else should I consider ... I guess a new BOV as I said I like the shudder noise and im looking at gaining a few KW's. Just dont know what type of exhaust to go size etc and should I get a different throttle body? not to keen on getting a Plenum as I see most you guys keep the standard inlet man.

Looking for advice :)

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

I got an after market one on mine ,the good thing with the auto is you can control the noise it makes by how fast you get of the gas ,cruise around town get of the gas easy and it doesnt make any noise ,I love the sound on the freeway give it a bit to go around some one and get of the gas and it sounds nice

enjoy the turbo mate you won't go back

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

throttle body is fine dont touch it

fuel pump/surge tank would be on the list with those mods

kust a high flow cat will get you into the 300rwkw mark for the exhuast

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 23d
Posted
I got an after market one on mine ,the good thing with the auto is you can control the noise it makes by how fast you get of the gas ,cruise around town get of the gas easy and it doesnt make any noise ,I love the sound on the freeway give it a bit to go around some one and get of the gas and it sounds nice

enjoy the turbo mate you won't go back

Ohh I failed to mention I have been riding around on a GSRX-600 for the last year (but I had to sell it this week) for a year so I like my pickup speed :P .. the XR6T seems ok but I need that extra power to get the same feeling :P

  • Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: central coast
Posted

double the boost will fix that

Posted

:Doh:

Throw a few pounds of boost at the T & it would chop your 600 :huh:

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 23d
Posted
throttle body is fine dont touch it

fuel pump/surge tank would be on the list with those mods

kust a high flow cat will get you into the 300rwkw mark for the exhuast

Can you please URL me up for these mods.

BTW thanks for your advice!! :D

  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 11m 23d
Posted
:stupid:

Throw a few pounds of boost at the T & it would chop your 600 :spoton:

LOL I dont know .. I dynojet'ed my bike with custom intake she went pretty well kept up with the 1000+ bikes

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...