New Fg Xr6 Turbo Problem

• Member For: 18y 11d
Sorry to report the Ford dealer had the car for 2 days - they said it was a throttle sensor problem. They replaced the throttle sensor.

Great, I think. Then I drive the car out of the dealership - give it some throttle and flash flash ECT fault....

This sort of thing just pisses me off as it just says to me they didn't even properly test drive the car - and they had the car for 2 days!

:pirate2:

Now I need to return the car back again for a 3rd day to resolve this. Car is not even 2 weeks old yet. Maybe the VE SS wasn't such a bad car afterall - never had 1 reliability issue.

Now you why I have the SS. Ford's quality control. Have been there & done that. My final decision was cracked body welds at 7000k's with Ford wanting to reweld the rear end. No thanks ! & no offer of a new car. Next door neighbour had similar issues with a XR6T ute & sold it within a month & bought a Mazda.

• Member For: 15y 7m 13d
Sorry to report the Ford dealer had the car for 2 days - they said it was a throttle sensor problem. They replaced the throttle sensor.

Great, I think. Then I drive the car out of the dealership - give it some throttle and flash flash ECT fault....

This sort of thing just pisses me off as it just says to me they didn't even properly test drive the car - and they had the car for 2 days!

:pirate2:

Now I need to return the car back again for a 3rd day to resolve this. Car is not even 2 weeks old yet. Maybe the VE SS wasn't such a bad car afterall - never had 1 reliability issue.

It is a brand new model so there has to be some chance of somthing going wrong. Maybe you didn't have any issues with the VE because its been out for a while and its been recalled several times

• Member For: 17y 7m 23d

I have heard pleanty of similar stories with Holdens over the year, with Expensive Daewoo just as reluctant or unable to fix them. My old man has the current VW Passat, it's had numerous issues, it's spent several days at the dealership, one time going back on a flat bed. They haven't managed to fix any of the problems properly.

The difference with the problems all of my Expensive Daewoo loving friends have had is (and they've all had them) is that for some reason, when the Expensive Daewoo breaks down it's somehow acceptable, but on the occations they've had a Ford, if a bird sh*ts on it, the car is a bucket of sh*t and they'll never have another one!

The stastics show that both Ford and Expensive Daewoo have their share of problems, but Expensive Daewoo is well ahead on recalls, and slightly ahead on breakdowns and fault repairs (on a percentage basis).

The vast majority of issues with new cars (regardless of brand) are at the dealer level.

• Member For: 15y 11m 18d

Dealer had the car all day today - said they have ordered a new accelerator pedal assesmbly which they think is the issue.

They couldn't get the part today. May arrive Monday or Tuesday next week - they are not sure. So now we are at day 4 of the dealer trying to fix this problem and I can't drive the "new" car I picked up.

Why does it take so long to get these parts? Isn't the car made in Melbourne and my dealer is in Melbourne.

I can accept that warranty issues are fairly common regardless of brand - but the urgency on the dealers part to resolve it is non-existant.