Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: bayside Queensland
Posted

hi I have jsut bought a flash tuner 2 and I plugged it all in.... I can still feel a mojor difference in the performance but it is missing a bit on boost and blew a bit of smoke also.... I did this a little when I had it stock also.... I am just thinking woul it be spark plugs? and what gapping I should have them at.... shpould I get the ford xr6t spark plugs? the typhoon plugs? or just any NGK plugs etc???? its a 03 xr6t 4spd auto if that will change anything... any help would be awesome...

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

With increased boost you will be blowing out the spark causing pre detonation. causing the miss you described.

You need to get the pre gapped NGK irridium plugs, the WRX ones from memory, which are the right temp rating and pre gapped to .8mm

Do a search and someone will have posted the part number. something like PFR6B?

Gav

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: bayside Queensland
Posted
With increased boost you will be blowing out the spark causing pre detonation. causing the miss you described.

You need to get the pre gapped NGK irridium plugs, the WRX ones from memory, which are the right temp rating and pre gapped to .8mm

Do a search and someone will have posted the part number. something like PFR6B?

Gav

ok thanks for that.... I have also heard on another forum stay with the ford ones jsut regap them to .8.... they are around 60 a set but the irridium are alot more...

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 6d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

the part # for the pre gapped iridium wrx plugs are BKR6EIX. .8mm outta the box. ~$12 each I think.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: bayside Queensland
Posted
the part # for the pre gapped iridium wrx plugs are BKR6EIX. .8mm outta the box. ~$12 each I think.

ok that sounds pretty good... y is it that u get the wrx plugs???

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 6d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

they have the same temp rating but the smaller gap from the factory. the gap in the xrt plugs is 1.1mm

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: bayside Queensland
Posted
they have the same temp rating but the smaller gap from the factory. the gap in the xrt plugs is 1.1mm

ok thanks for that.. I shall let u know how I go...

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 6d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I had the exact same problem btw, and these fixed it. I decided to get new plugs as mine were 70k old anyways. if your car has 5k on the clock, I would try gapping your current plugs mate, just to save the $70.

  • 1 year later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 6d
Posted

Done some searching and found this thread, my xr6 has been running really bad for the last few weeks sounding like its only running on 5 cylinders.....

Replaced the plugs with just normal ones from Bursons which are prob gapped at the 1.1 as mentioned above..

Once I get these re gapped to 0.8 should this maybe correct my problem??

Thanks

Cranners

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...