Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • New Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

hey guys im new to this website but I got a couple questions to ask about my car. today I put my car on the scanner because prevosly the airbag light came on when I turned the car off and turned it back on it was off but came on couple days later.. anyways it did pick up a fault with a passenger airbag and it found another fault..cant remember the number of it but it was CAN COMM just wondering if any of use know wat it is thanks guys

  • iTs alL DaRDy........
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

CAN COMM.

Controller Area Network Communication Failure

Is what that stands for mate.

I would disregard it, CAN Comm failure is really common on our cars and doesn't matter we probably all have that code lol.

what it is basically saying is there was a problem with a message sent from one ecu to another. it may have been corupted, or the ecu sent a signal that made no sence to the other ecu! I would clear the code and fix the pass air bag fault and c how u go if you still have issues then u may have a ecu failure or wiring fault. but ull probably be fine.

Fix the Pass Air Bag Fault- Most Likely the airbag its self

and c how u go.

cheers

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...