KrasH Bloody Orange Team (BOT) Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 23y 3m 19d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, Australia Posted 28/07/03 07:49 AM Posted 28/07/03 07:49 AM You could always grease/oil the discs like someone I know did years and years ago... Don't laugh..basically oiled his discs, then drove, could not stop at some lights and finished in some bushes being stopped by a few shrub.. But seriously I've heard brake squealing from alot of falcons and commodores. Even my pulsar has some squeal, but that's after about 80,000 km's. Best way to get around it... Turn up the music
ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 30/07/03 12:03 AM Author Posted 30/07/03 12:03 AM Surely spending $3000 on premium brakes would entitle you to squeal free braking. I think its a joke if FORD expect people to put up with this very irritating noise. I have booked my car with the local dealer this coming Monday and will be very interested to see what solution they can come up with. Will keep the forum posted....
ONDOLE Member 70 Member For: 23y 7m 24d Posted 30/07/03 01:20 AM Posted 30/07/03 01:20 AM that's a joke ! people pay $3000 for trouble-free brakes not one's that still give you problems !!
QikSmurf Member 246 Member For: 23y 2m 29d Posted 30/07/03 04:53 AM Posted 30/07/03 04:53 AM I had this problem at 5K, took it to the dealer and they machined the rotorsnoise has progressively come back to the point where they are driving me madI found that if you brake later ( and obviously harder), it doesn't squealI also spoke to a brake specialist and he tells me its the pads!!aparently, once you overheat the pads they develop a glass-like glaze that will never, ever go away by itself solution: continue to brake late, brake hard and wait for these pads to wear........then replace them with some aftermarket premium brake pad
Guest jason Guests Posted 30/07/03 06:43 AM Posted 30/07/03 06:43 AM Hi Guys,The Premium Brakes on my car started to squeal at about the 3000k mark.The car has now done 10500k's. I personal don't take any notice of it any more, but did find that they squealed on light application when heated, or after a spirited drive that involved some heavy braking. When the brakes are stone cold, they don't squeal. As mentioned earlier, it's the compound of the brake pads that make them squeal. Had an XBGT hardtop back in the early ninties that had brake squeal from the front discs caused by very hard compound pads being fitted (no brake fade was evident with hard pads).Would rather squealing brakes, as opposed to the shudders experinced with the standard brakes.
ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 30/07/03 07:15 AM Author Posted 30/07/03 07:15 AM Well if Ford can't find a solution to the brake squeal I will have the brake pads changed with an aftermarket performance one....here's hoping they have a solution when I drop her off on Monday...other than the brake squeal and a little wind noise from my roof...the car has been a DREAM....gives me a total buzz everytime I jump in and drive her...(the car that is)
ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 5m 10d Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 04/08/03 07:25 AM Author Posted 04/08/03 07:25 AM Was just in contact with the local dealer who was looking at the brake squeal problem and was advised there was nothing they could do to alleviate the problem. NOT F**KING Happy Jan...they gave some lame ass excuse that because its a performance pad they have to use a harder compound in the pads and hence the squeal. Will be contacting FORD direct to see how they can rectify the problem......surely a car with 1500 k's on the clock should not be experiencing this problem. $3,000 to experience and annoying squeal is certainly not good enough...will wait in anticipation tommorrow when FORD customer service me!!!!!!!!!!
XR6TK1W1 Member 435 Member For: 23y 6m 16d Location: Wellington NZ Posted 04/08/03 08:40 AM Posted 04/08/03 08:40 AM Dont feel to bad guys I got to drive a lovely GTP yesterday thanks to a very nice fellow in our FPV/Tickford club. After drooling hooning and having a hugh silly on, I started to back it into a park and nearly sh*t myself when I thought I had run over a cat. The noise was terrible and I thought I had scratched it. But to myluck he informed me it was the pads dragging and it had always done it. Even top of the line Brembos squeel. Go figure.
Guest Guests Posted 04/08/03 10:27 PM Posted 04/08/03 10:27 PM Ive heard since the pufta pollies banned asbestos in the pads all the squeeling started.
sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 20d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 04/08/03 11:57 PM Posted 04/08/03 11:57 PM No squealing for me I've got 4000K but its mostly highspeed country driving. Some odd clunking noises now and again though.......
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now