Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Hey guys,

I used to have a 1993 VP SS before my XR6 and it sounded horn...I'm just not used to a quiet car and I hate it :)

I've been looking around the website and all I hear about exhausts is APS this Xforce That...

Can anyone recommend a brand/style/type of exhaust that will give good flow but also have a nice note? I want the car to growl a little at idle but I want it to roar when the foot goes down.

I've heard the APS and Xforce systems are, as one user put it, GAY sounding.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!!! (For a BA or a BF - Still deciding... Want an exhaust for it...)

Cheers,

Dan

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

They are designed to sound quiet, so they have used mufflers to suit.

A decent exhaust shop should fit something up that will flow well, and give you a choice of mufflers to make it sound like what your after... generally, something big and straight through at the rear sounds good

  • Banned
  • Member For: 18y 8m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: wa
Posted (edited)

post-14258-1215925901_thumb.jpg

I use a full smb exhaust, been quite happy with it. I've had it on the ute for 2 yrs now

Edited by steetf6
  • Formerly EGOBFXR6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Thanks guys - I'll look into it!

cheers,

Dan

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...