joshbmx Member 64 Member For: 18y 6m 13d Posted 12/05/08 12:40 AM Posted 12/05/08 12:40 AM Hi guys as title suggestes, im looking at upgrading soon and would like to hear some point of views...Im looking for a power upgrade and having a ba03 5sp probably better to change to a new car instead of upgrading mine Ie. gearbox valve springs etc.. thought id just go to a bf or something. I was looking at a bf foon with 380rwkw but then my thought that my insurence will only cover me with 1 mod otherwise I will have to go with just cars and there premium is about 3times as much as im only 19. So I thought is there any cars that will have more power than my t stock???? That are under 40k ???? I cant really think of many except for some V8s but there pretty boring. I was looking at TTV8s but once again insurence wont cover me..Anyone got any ideas???
Toecutter Member 182 Member For: 19y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 12/05/08 07:01 AM Posted 12/05/08 07:01 AM A 19 year old in a 380rwkw car? That is a disaster waiting to happen. Why don't you keep the T for a while or mod it.
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 12/05/08 10:41 PM Posted 12/05/08 10:41 PM I kinda agree, but think its more fun to start from scacth and slowly build and mod your car up. That way you will also become familar with the gradual increase in power.The 380 rear wheel mark is enormous for any road car.I.B.
joshbmx Member 64 Member For: 18y 6m 13d Posted 14/05/08 01:55 AM Author Posted 14/05/08 01:55 AM ha yeah it is alot hey. might just look at a manual monaro as it would be more practical for me at the moment than a ute
veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 11d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 14/05/08 02:53 AM Posted 14/05/08 02:53 AM Get a cheap BF-T with a ZF or T56 and start with the basic mods, like injectors, edit and v.springs. You will just have to see if just cars or shannons will insure you first.
Toecutter Member 182 Member For: 19y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/05/08 09:37 AM Posted 15/05/08 09:37 AM Yeah and will eat the monaro..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now