XRT8U Member 503 Member For: 22y 2m 6d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 09/05/08 09:15 AM Posted 09/05/08 09:15 AM well if u do a pre app I can 100% get u a job with a plumbing scheme! my old boss now owns the scheme! but without the pre app your only hope is to do domestic where the pay is sh*t compare to commercial, or start calling commercial companys such as d&e, J L williams, a g coombs and hopefully if there flat out they'll hire u!
hanra Into the laaaake Member 1,532 Member For: 19y 3m 21d Gender: Male Location: Nrth Qld Posted 09/05/08 09:46 AM Posted 09/05/08 09:46 AM (edited) Geeez, 11yrs ago when I started my apprenticeship I took home $160 p/w for a 38hr week as a first year.... Then $220 2nd yr, $340 3rd yr, $380 4th yr and once I was a tradesman in 2000-01 I took home $440 a week... The Electronics repair industry now almost ceases to exist.. Well down to component level repairs anyway. Luckily I managed to get in the Avionics industry where we still get down to component level repair on multi layer SMD circut boards, but still earn no where near some electricians I know in the building industry who generally deal with 3 wires.... Edited 09/05/08 09:47 AM by hanra
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 14d Gender: Male Posted 09/05/08 01:10 PM Posted 09/05/08 01:10 PM work ends at 230pmThose were the days
Felix Large Member Member 564 Member For: 19y 7m 29d Location: Brisvegas Posted 09/05/08 01:48 PM Posted 09/05/08 01:48 PM Those were the days Yeah its pretty odd, after working 65hrs a week in the car industry and then doing the same in the electrical service industry its taking some getting used to only working 38hrs. miss overtime that's for sure! Its mainly the site I'm on, long term refurb, boss has already spent to much money so now we dont get overtime.Tell you what though, being in the pub by 1pm on friday does feel good!Felix
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now