Skooby Legacy Donating Member 398 Member For: 20y 4m 12d Location: Phillip Island Posted 02/05/08 03:39 PM Posted 02/05/08 03:39 PM (edited) Not sure where this thread belongs as I'm not sure what the noise is..I noticed it this afternoon when I turned the stereo off that there was a ticking noise in the motor. I checked it out (checked the oil etc - seems ok) and the noise seems to be coming from around where the oil dipstick is (that general area anyway). I didn't think to rev the engine to see if the ticking increased. Will check that out tomorrow..Not sure if It's a new sound or I've been driving with my stereo too loud for awhile lol. Any suggestions? Edited 02/05/08 03:41 PM by Skooby
XRPete Member 673 Member For: 19y 20d Gender: Male Location: Here Posted 03/05/08 08:22 AM Posted 03/05/08 08:22 AM if it was me I'd take it to my tuner so he can check it out..Ticking noises are never good in my opionion
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 03/05/08 10:26 AM Posted 03/05/08 10:26 AM injectors maybe ,
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 12d Gender: Male Posted 03/05/08 11:12 AM Posted 03/05/08 11:12 AM If you listen real carefully to mine you can hear ticking. Its just the cams working. But how loud is it ?
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 8m 24d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 03/05/08 12:11 PM Posted 03/05/08 12:11 PM Could also be your idler pulley.I just replaced mine with a metal version and my tick tick disappeared. The fantastic plastic, yes plastic pulley was warped.
ebxmple Member 1,322 Member For: 18y 8m Posted 04/05/08 02:10 AM Posted 04/05/08 02:10 AM Could be the injectors or the fuel vapour purge solenoid which is located a little further back,next to the strut tower.
Skooby Legacy Donating Member 398 Member For: 20y 4m 12d Location: Phillip Island Posted 04/05/08 03:11 AM Author Posted 04/05/08 03:11 AM I like mic-07' response the best But thanks guys I'll get them to have a squizz when I put it in for service next week.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now