mercury5spman Member 6 Member For: 18y 8m 12d Posted 15/04/08 09:11 AM Posted 15/04/08 09:11 AM Hi,I have a 2003 BA MK I Turbo, with the 5sp gear box. Lately I have been having HEAPS of problems with the box, like when I shift into 5th it crunches, and the other day I couldnt select a gear at all until I turned off and turned on the car again (despite suggestions of getting a 6sp which I will when I can afford it) Anyway, today I had someone driving in the lane next to me tell me that me reverse lights were on. Do you think this could be to do with the gearbox as from what I understand the switch for the reverse lights are in there. If this is not the case does anyone know how to fix it? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated because im low on cash and need a cheap fix.Thanks Heaps!!!Jonno
mic Legacy Donating Member 1,725 Member For: 18y 8m 22d Gender: Male Posted 15/04/08 11:41 AM Posted 15/04/08 11:41 AM Maybe bleed your clutch if you have an aftermarket one and use castrol tranzmax z auto fluid in your gearbox. Im not too sure about your reverse lights though. If it was me I would follow the wires back.
stealthxr Legacy Donating Member 553 Member For: 20y 8m 3d Gender: Male Location: The Shire Sydney AUS Posted 15/04/08 12:03 PM Posted 15/04/08 12:03 PM Pretty common on the earlier BA,s take your reverse light switch off the Gearbox, give it a clean , make sure the ball bearing springs back properly , dab a bit of grease on it as well, that should sort it out.. If it doesn't, replace the switch.Pete
mercury5spman Member 6 Member For: 18y 8m 12d Posted 15/04/08 03:07 PM Author Posted 15/04/08 03:07 PM Umm, this probably makes me sound really un-mechanically minded, but how do I get to the gearbox, particularly the part where the reverse light switch is. I spent about 2 hours trying to figure out how to get into it from the interior of the car, only to get so frustrated that I just took out the reverse light bulbs as a quick fix.ThanksJonno
beauies Member 209 Member For: 23y 18d Gender: Male Location: sydney Posted 15/04/08 07:23 PM Posted 15/04/08 07:23 PM access switch from under vehicle
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now