Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Hi Guy's,

I have a June 2007 XR6T (strong motor obviously) and I am considering getting the flash tune done and clearly voiding my warranty. I was just wondering if I could get some feedback from some of you guys who know your stuff whether you think its the right choice.

  • Formerly XR6NA
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

I decided to get mine modded when it had 8000kms on it and now have over 20 000kms and haven't had one problem with it. As long as you are prepared to pay for anything that may break because of you power mods I say go for it. These cars become really fun to drive when you start modding them.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 2d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

At Nizpro Turbucharging you can have a power increase AND warranty.

Nizpro Stage 1 kit includes:

NizEdit and custom tune, Nizpro Hi-flow injectors (change over), heavy duty Cobra valve springs, servicing oil, genuine oil filter and full check over.

Information on the Nizpro Stage 1 Kit.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 1d
Posted

You play, you pay! I edited my BF xr6t 4 months after purchase. I intend to do over 200,000km in it before selling.

  • You are a dead set goose
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I'm having the same dilemma mate. To tune or not to tune.

Once I have the cash, I'll be back on that Nizpro dyno in no time. I'm tipping I'll get an edit and custom tune in the next few months.

Just go for it. You only live once. Just make sure you have some sort of savings you can dip into if something badly screws up.

  • Yaris member
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 16d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
At Nizpro Turbucharging you can have a power increase AND warranty.

Nizpro Stage 1 kit includes:

NizEdit and custom tune, Nizpro Hi-flow injectors (change over), heavy duty Cobra valve springs, servicing oil, genuine oil filter and full check over.

Information on the Nizpro Stage 1 Kit.

:stupid:

that's the route I went! I was a little tentative at first to void the warranty. Worth the extra money for the piece of mind!

Any minor problems I had, not even tune related, they fixed up for me with very little fuss!

Can't recommend them enough!

Best thing, apart from the service, was they were always willing to explain what they were doing & how it would change/enhance the car :buttrock:

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 7m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: FTG, Victoria
Posted

Im in the same boat, I've got 2 months warrenty left on my car and I believe there are still some minor problems with it. Im just wondering when I take it in for a service if I get them to list all the faults they find and then take it back to ford for them to fix it or not.

MMM on the other hand I really want some more power! ;)

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: New Zealand
Posted

Two months - just get the things fixed by Ford, then get mods done.

  • The Cleaning Dudes Ute
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Bentleigh, Vic, Australia
Posted

Mate.. Flash away!

The more and more I deal with fords so called "warranty".. the more I want to mod.

It's bloddy useless, even on a stock car!

My signature says it all lol.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Well on the thursday before good friday I recieved my CAPA flash tuner with the generic tunes. Went outside, plugged her in, went for a spin. F*&^ ME!!!! What a difference 10psi makes!!!! I was then off to the Grampians camping for 4 days so got to give it some stick up the steep winding hills. I knew the turbos were a good car but now I really appreciate her. She handles so smoothly around the tight corners and by crikey she pulls up a steep a hill like its a flat track!!! And I had 4 people in the car. The turbo sound now is like a jet engine winding up on the runway. It scared the hell out of everyone. All I have is the K&N airfilter and the generic tune and im more than impressed. I can only imagine the feeling some of you guys are getting from your supremely powered turbos. Now my warranty is effectively gone should anything go wrong but its worth it atm (till something breaks :()

Just took mates 6 month old XR8 with $5000 Herrod dual pipes and its a sluggish wombat in comparison. $600 later and he can't touch me. :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...