Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Heathwood Bris
Posted

Hi guys just wondering if any of you have changed your valve springs yourself?? I ahve all the tool that I think I need e.g. modified spark plug with air line to keep cyl pressure, valve spring compressor etc etc. I am fairly handy with tools when I need to be. Isit as simple as doing a x flow or Expensive Daewoo red motor or is it more of a PIA to do? I have not taken the valve cover off yet had a look.

Cheers

  • Into the laaaake
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Nrth Qld
Posted (edited)

Im pretty handy with the tools to mate, ive got same tools as you. But this is one job I dont really want to undertake. Ive had a good read of the w/shop manual, but id rather pay someone else to do it. As far as im aware its about a 5-6hr job.

This may help though:

NewPicture.jpg

Edited by hanra
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Shire Sydney AUS
Posted

:tonguepoke: forget about doin it yourself, I was adamant about doing it myself as well till I seen it being done,

first you need a cam locking tool, a fabricated valve spring compressor that does 4 valves per time, and your normal spark plug tool to hold your valves up, on

top of that a sh*t load of patience for the miniature collets and retainers and 6 hours..

just pay its easier

pete

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

Yeah it's not my fav way to spend 6 hours... must be why mine are still stock lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...