hard-on Member 134 Member For: 20y 8m 12d Posted 02/01/08 06:05 AM Posted 02/01/08 06:05 AM hey mate you seen my 10.5inch wide on the rear of my xr6t lolGot any pics?
mrdamo Legacy Donating Member 94 Member For: 19y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 02/01/08 03:36 PM Posted 02/01/08 03:36 PM I sent the company an email to see if they would be able to custom make some 10.5 or 11" rims for the back but they said they could only do 10" wide. If nothing else comes up in the next 3 months I will be getting a set of these. I think they would suit my ute nicely.
apache_dj Member 145 Member For: 21y 4m Location: Auckland NZ Posted 03/01/08 04:32 AM Posted 03/01/08 04:32 AM I put 9.5" rims on the front and it was a bit of a mission to get everything to clear nicely, they were fouling on the uprights of the spindle and I ended machining 5mm from the inside J lip to have them fit, and a little grinder action on the upright. Then rolled the guards and had my Dobisons SSL stretched 10mm and retempered. it looks fairly good, but a bit drift car ish with a 19/245/35 on. that's with a 35 offset, there is bound to be a better way to do it, if I was to do it again I'm putting 8.5" wide on the front, just less hassle.
mrdamo Legacy Donating Member 94 Member For: 19y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 03/01/08 07:41 AM Posted 03/01/08 07:41 AM I have been told that anything wider than about 8.5" on the front is a bit of a mission so I was going to the 8.5 for the front and 9.5 on the back.
Guest newl Guests Posted 03/01/08 07:50 AM Posted 03/01/08 07:50 AM Just be sure to keep your originals. Someone got done last year for having tires that were too wide. The limit here in WA is 8".
mrdamo Legacy Donating Member 94 Member For: 19y 6m 21d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 10/03/08 05:17 AM Posted 10/03/08 05:17 AM Does anyone know if these will fit over FPV Brembo brakes?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now