Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 12d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 19/06/03 01:40 PM Posted 19/06/03 01:40 PM Hi all,I have the Premium brakes and just over 2000 km on the clock. Recently, the brakes have started to squeal when applying the brakes lightly (stopping at lights, turning corners etc). If I let off a little, they stop (but then there's not enough braking), if I increase the pressue it stops (but then I go through the windscreen). I have 2 questions:1) What causes this?2) Can it be fixed? (Yeah, yeah.... I mean will they fix it under warranty)Lightning....
Guest Guests Posted 19/06/03 09:53 PM Posted 19/06/03 09:53 PM Ive got the same story 8k, I just think that's the story and get used to it. Ive noticed here in S.A. the cop cars are the same , someone said they got fancy pads also.
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 19/06/03 10:27 PM Posted 19/06/03 10:27 PM Mine have started to squeal a bit also recently. As you say, mainly at low speeds when coming up to traffic lights. Mine are standard brakes however.
Guest XR6TPHANTOM Guests Posted 20/06/03 12:40 AM Posted 20/06/03 12:40 AM Brake dust. If you get some brake dust cleaner and apply to brakes it should fix the problem for a short while.Though it gives me the sh*&s because its back within the week.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/06/03 02:22 AM Posted 20/06/03 02:22 AM I have now done 1800km on mine and mine have been doing this since about the 1000km mark. Gets a bit annoying at times....just turn the radio up a bit more :lol:
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 20/06/03 02:28 AM Posted 20/06/03 02:28 AM I just had this in my XF....Brake Fail Light on glide into booked service to replace Mr Rear Pads.Had about one Zillionth of a Gnats Franger left before Metal on metal contact.But that what you get for owning a $1500 16 year old car!But a 45000 dollar new one though!!!
sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 20/06/03 04:42 AM Posted 20/06/03 04:42 AM Just a quickie, don't clean your discs while they are still hot, that is unless you wish to join in on the brake shudder Poll.......
DallasQLD Legacy Donating Member 1,197 Member For: 23y 9m 22d Gender: Male Location: Albany Creek QLD Posted 20/06/03 09:01 AM Posted 20/06/03 09:01 AM Mine squeal too. So does the club sport which has the same brakes. Its the pads
Lightning Member 335 Member For: 23y 8m 12d Location: Perth, Western Australia Posted 21/06/03 02:35 PM Author Posted 21/06/03 02:35 PM I find this amazing. So, we just accept it? It's downright embaressing. Are their after market pads that are better?Lightning....
Guest exr6 Guests Posted 22/06/03 01:10 AM Posted 22/06/03 01:10 AM I have the same problem as you guys! I found a way to fix it for a while anyway. What I do, is when washing the car, put the hose on high pressure stream & give the brakes a good spray, right in where the disks are. This works for a week or two until dust builds up again. I went to the dealer with this problem. They blew it out with compressed air. On the way home it started again.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now