Guest esky Guests Posted 18/06/03 04:52 AM Posted 18/06/03 04:52 AM BlueXR6Turbo, any more news? what's the latest?
mercturbo Member 696 Member For: 23y 6m 22d Location: Geelong Posted 18/06/03 11:53 AM Posted 18/06/03 11:53 AM FMCO and the dealer may be deciding if it is an insurance job rather than a warranty, you were not at fault and should not have to pay a thing, the car must be repaired as new accept nothing less.
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 9m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 18/06/03 01:03 PM Author Posted 18/06/03 01:03 PM Thanks for all the kind thougths guys. No more info yet. The dealer is going to give me a call tomorrow morning (well they say they are anyway). The clunking is from the back of the car. The engine is fine. My cousin who's doing a mechanic's apprenticeship found some ball bearings and broken bits of metal on the road and reckons it's the CV joint. Guy from the dealer on the phone today said something about the diff. Hopefully will know more tomorrow.
Guest cul08r Guests Posted 19/06/03 05:15 AM Posted 19/06/03 05:15 AM This will, if not covered by warranty, surely be covered by insurance or the other idiot paying up.Good luckAndrew
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 9m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 21/06/03 09:59 AM Author Posted 21/06/03 09:59 AM Spoke to the guy again on Friday arvo. He said that everything is sorted out and they've ordered in a new driveshaft. (I think that's what he said anyway.) He hopes it will arrive on Monday, so therefore I hope that I will have my baby back on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. And then I can get the rear bumper repaired!I can't wait because I'm getting serious withdrawal symptoms. :tears:
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 9m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 23/06/03 01:29 PM Author Posted 23/06/03 01:29 PM Imagine my surprise and delight this afternoon when I got a phone call from the dealer: "Your car's ready for you". :D So off I went and picked up my baby. I didn't speak much with them as I was too eager to get back in the driver's seat. But basically my car now has a new driveshaft. The one good thing to come of all this is that they cleaned my car for me!
KrasH Bloody Orange Team (BOT) Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 23y 3m 18d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, Australia Posted 23/06/03 08:54 PM Posted 23/06/03 08:54 PM That's great to hear. I know the feeling when my little Pulsar SSS was away for a few days. It sucked. I couldn't imagine how it'd feel having an XR6T away for a few days..Anyways, hope the bad stuff is behind you (In terms of time, had to clarify )--- Blood Orange XR6T on order - almost 1 week gone, about 15 to go :(
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now