Guest Guests Posted 08/05/07 05:09 PM Posted 08/05/07 05:09 PM Just been looking into these and wondering what people's thoughts on them were? Are they worth getting or just a waste of money? Is anyone on the forum currently using one and if so where did you get it/how much?Cheers
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 08/05/07 08:15 PM Posted 08/05/07 08:15 PM I'm pretty sure that Mr Turbo uses one.
rapidute Member 54 Member For: 21y 4m 24d Location: nsw Posted 09/05/07 09:55 AM Posted 09/05/07 09:55 AM I have a blanket on my turbo and it reduces underbonnet temps by heaps,but I am running externalwastegate so not sure if you can get one for internally gated turbos,call gcg turbos in sydney.cost about $165.cheers geoff
CSV_LS1 Member 303 Member For: 22y 6m 29d Gender: Male Posted 09/05/07 10:14 AM Posted 09/05/07 10:14 AM I've got one on my phoon with the heat shield still surrounding the manifold. I noticed the under bonnet to be cooler after a good run
Meggs_83 Member 114 Member For: 19y 6m Gender: Male Location: Esperance Posted 10/05/07 12:18 AM Posted 10/05/07 12:18 AM is there any side affects of holding all that heat under there
CSV_LS1 Member 303 Member For: 22y 6m 29d Gender: Male Posted 10/05/07 01:57 AM Posted 10/05/07 01:57 AM It should actually help the turbine work more efficiently with the extra heat trapped inside.
SCRIBR Yaris member Member 4,486 Member For: 20y 3m 10d Gender: Male Posted 10/05/07 02:32 AM Posted 10/05/07 02:32 AM can you run it how mr. turbo runs it without the alum heat shield?or will the engine bay be about the same temp with the blanket?
CSV_LS1 Member 303 Member For: 22y 6m 29d Gender: Male Posted 10/05/07 02:39 AM Posted 10/05/07 02:39 AM I can only imagine it will be hotter without the heat shield. Might as well cover the most you can while having the blanket on.
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 10/05/07 08:11 AM Posted 10/05/07 08:11 AM They hold the heat in the exhaust housing thus speeding up air flow, resulting in reduced lag ( apparently ). Some say they can cause the housing to crack due to the extra heat, but Ive never seen any real proof of this
Evil F6 Legacy Donating Member 830 Member For: 20y 8m 22d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 10/05/07 09:41 AM Posted 10/05/07 09:41 AM It should actually help the turbine work more efficiently with the extra heat trapped inside.I'd rather get a hitec ceramic coating on the turbine housing from HPC or jet hot. It's like exhaust wrap. It works but stuffs the exhaust after a few years. I've heard negatives to the trubo blankets too.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now