Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 7d
Posted

Yes, I was careless and I have hit a gutter pretty hard on the left side, has done cosmetic damage to wheel and a bit of paint off the front bar (who cares, I planned on changing them in the future anyway).

BUT! I have done some damage to the front left suspension, I had a scraping noise from the front left, took it to ford, it ended up being the wheel bearing... they replaced the wheel bearing and hub (apparently). then I took it for a wheel alignment, they said something is out, as in bent, what chould it possibly be ? and does anyone know the proper names for all the suspension parts in the front end, so I speak fords lanuage when I ask if they can replace that part, there is 2 suspension arms, shocky and a steering arm ? I hit the buttom of the wheel side on, the wheel is straight up and down (no camber, top in, buttom out).

The wheel aligner can't adjust it anymore, I'm guessing replacing all the suspension parts in the front left would fix it ? but that would hurt my pocket!

Who am I better off taking it to ? ford or a suspension place like pedders ?

Thanks.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Go to pedders or someone like that don't go to a tyre shop they wouldn't know what was wrong they (bob jane @ hornsby) told me my tie rod end was stuffed because they couldn't get my alignment stright and to go back to ford for them to look at it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...