chooch Member 256 Member For: 22y 7m 25d Location: Adelaide Posted 23/02/07 07:30 AM Posted 23/02/07 07:30 AM Howdy, I just bought the CAPA flash from sportcompact.biz off of ebay. I have to say the service was awesome, I got it within two days, it didnt work for some reason so I called them and they sent a replacement the next day. top stuff Obvoisly this one works. I just have a few questions. I installed the 98 octane tune that came pre-installed in the box. Faaaaaaark did it make a difference. Is it normal for the boost to really kick in from about 4000 revs or should it be smooth through the whole rev range like the standard tune. I'm serious, the boost like kicks you in the guts.and....how can you tell if it's running rich. apart from the boost really kicking in it all sounds normal.
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 23/02/07 07:35 AM Posted 23/02/07 07:35 AM At a minimum, get it on a dyno and check the boost level, AFRs, and if its detonating... if its all good then you can be happy and know the car is running safe. If its not, well you just found out and perhaps saved the motor ( or lenthened its life ) and you can net a custom tune done and tell them how you want the boost/power to respond.it sounds like the generic tune that came in my box... laggy and crap down low then bang we have power then wow its all gone, next gear lol
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 23/02/07 07:39 AM Posted 23/02/07 07:39 AM That's awesome Might have to keep my eye out on ebay. I would be getting a custom tune done though.
chooch Member 256 Member For: 22y 7m 25d Location: Adelaide Posted 23/02/07 08:32 AM Author Posted 23/02/07 08:32 AM At a minimum, get it on a dyno and check the boost level, AFRs, and if its detonating... if its all good then you can be happy and know the car is running safe. If its not, well you just found out and perhaps saved the motor ( or lenthened its life ) and you can net a custom tune done and tell them how you want the boost/power to respond.it sounds like the generic tune that came in my box... laggy and crap down low then bang we have power then wow its all gone, next gear lol←yeah I think the custome tune is the way to go.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now