04RSD Member 78 Member For: 19y 11m 27d Posted 20/02/07 08:06 AM Posted 20/02/07 08:06 AM I do it for a living
Goobz Member 746 Member For: 21y 11m 16d Location: Sutherland Shire, Sydney Posted 20/02/07 09:04 AM Posted 20/02/07 09:04 AM My mate has a screen mounted down there to play dvd's on. ShockF6 and I bought some touchscreens to mount in the same spot. He can provide pics of his install. I will be putting mine in soon.Pics of my mates one are below.Chris
xxr64t XXR.64T Legacy Donating Member 560 Member For: 21y 3m 26d Gender: Male Location: sydney's east!!! Posted 20/02/07 10:45 AM Posted 20/02/07 10:45 AM heres my setup
K-FleX Member 19 Member For: 19y 8m 4d Location: Western Syd, NSW Posted 21/02/07 12:03 AM Author Posted 21/02/07 12:03 AM Thanks for the replies guys.I do it for a living←Dude, that looks awesome. How much do you charge to install these things?My mate has a screen mounted down there to play dvd's on. ShockF6 and I bought some touchscreens to mount in the same spot. He can provide pics of his install. I will be putting mine in soon.Pics of my mates one are below.Chris ←Chris, that looks tidy too. What size/brand touchscreen is that? 6, 7 inch? Is it easy to navigate your menus and stuff down there? and the viewing angle?heres my setup←Neat as well, you can see there would be heaps more room with an auto vs a manual. I had a look while I was driving today and just don't know whether there is enough room while in 1st,3rd or 5th. I tend to wrap my entire hand round the shift rather than sit it on top. It looks like too much of a tight squeeze.
sh3p Member 69 Member For: 20y 8m 1d Location: Melbourne Posted 21/02/07 12:32 AM Posted 21/02/07 12:32 AM Im currently running an XBOX to the Prem Sound Screen, its great, but fairly limted, I have a script that runs radom video clips at start up, but thinking of the possibilites of a car based pc, more so the bluetooth GPS, and Tom Tom kind of set up .. orThe use of wifi in telstra hot spots, with some kind of RF keyboard with bilt in mouse...I have the xbox ICC lead, do I need to get another that exits out to a VGA plug?And where do I get those cable from? and where do I get a good car pc from?Or build my own?
K-FleX Member 19 Member For: 19y 8m 4d Location: Western Syd, NSW Posted 21/02/07 07:37 AM Author Posted 21/02/07 07:37 AM I don't know the answer to your screen question. Have you checked out this thread? There is a lot of info in there on CAR PC setups. I remember something about an arcadeVGA plug being needed to put out the right sync.As far as where to get a carPC, its either build your own as I was going to do OR ebay it. I saw a brand new 1 ghz system, which is a low end system go for $500. Plus theres always google.You can probably always get a small PC place to build it. They use a miniITX motherboard, which basically already has most stuff onboard. I.e graphics card, sound etc.mp3car.com is a great place to start learning about carPCs in general.
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 4m 26d Posted 26/02/07 12:13 PM Posted 26/02/07 12:13 PM How bout mound a lcd screen where the stock guages go. Bit of fiber glass would look awsome. Im planning on doing something similar for a little project of mine
K-FleX Member 19 Member For: 19y 8m 4d Location: Western Syd, NSW Posted 27/02/07 12:38 AM Author Posted 27/02/07 12:38 AM How bout mound a lcd screen where the stock guages go. Bit of fiber glass would look awsome. Im planning on doing something similar for a little project of mine←Are you talking about above the triangle panel on top of the dash? That would be awesome, but I'd say you would run the risk of more attention from the police. They could probably see it through the back window. I wonder if there is enough room to do some sort of hinge/fold-out design there.
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 4m 26d Posted 27/02/07 12:41 AM Posted 27/02/07 12:41 AM How bout mound a lcd screen where the stock guages go. Bit of fiber glass would look awsome. Im planning on doing something similar for a little project of mine←Are you talking about above the triangle panel on top of the dash? That would be awesome, but I'd say you would run the risk of more attention from the police. They could probably see it through the back window. I wonder if there is enough room to do some sort of hinge/fold-out design there.←Exactly what I mean. Im planning on using that screen with my carputer system to display engine stats and or videos and visulisations for music.And the main screen will be used for navigation and selecting media.Just one of my many projects that get worked on alittle at a time
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now