Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Ok guys this is my first major prob with this car, I have a pic attached where the hose that connects to the top of the manifold which runs down to the plenum which goes into a tee peice with a couple of one way valves! Anyways that hose has been disconnected for a while without me noticing and when I connected it again the car went completely nuts, it had really bad idle and I could here the lifters, sounded like it had no oil, so I deiconnected the hose again and it went normal like always smooth idle normal sound, 2 seconds later the oil light comes on and stays on, I still have pressure cause my oil pressure guage is 3 quarters high when I start it. Cut long story short im stressing I dont know what the prob is and its getting towed to nizpro on monday! Any ideas on what im looking at??? Thanks :idunno:

post-4824-1169550826_thumb.jpg

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Posted (edited)

Pete,

That port has a pipe that is Teed to the rear PCV valve via a seperate in-line one way valve and also to the fuel vapour purge from the tank via a solenoid controlled by the ECU. If it was disconnected from the PCV valve it must have been sucking air into the plenum after the throttle body. So if it has been like that for awhile, it may have been tuned when it was last in at Nizpro like that ??? They could have adjusted it to compensate for the leak and so when you re-connected it, the car could be starving for idle air (hence low and rough idle).

If the idle drops sufficiently and is erratic the oil light may come on, but I would have though it would clear again once idle recovers ? ie much the same as during cranking, the oil pressure isn't up yet.

So if you disconnect the hose and start it again does the oil light still stay on ? Try disconnecting the battery for 30mins and see if it clears, maybe the error associated with the oil light latch may need to be "reset". Either way when trying this, if you run the engine for 20sec and the light hasn't gone out, shut the engine down immmediately. It would seem odd that you have oil pressure (external gauge ???) and the oil light is on.

Robin.

Edited by xlnt6
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Robin at this moment the hose is disconnected and the light is still on, I haven't disconnected the battery but I have started the engin just to see if I have oil pressure and oil, it all seems fine just the oil lights keeps beeping! Its very odd, I'll try discconnecting the battery tomorrow, either way its gotta go to nizpro to retune and get that hose connected up again! Thanks for advice Robin! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...