Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

Got a B&M rip shifter for the T56 last week, opened the box for the instructions and hello, its for a mustang not a Falcon.

I call the shop and they say there all the same mate, bobs your uncle, its all good...

In it goes, seems to bolt up fine, doesnt go into a few gears... out it comes, back in, giggle giggle, bolt it up... all gears work now yay

Console back on, nob on... hello, nob doesnt fit, wrong thread size... Hmmm

Anyway, I test it out and bang, hits the console... drive it back to the shop to get a nob that will fit, pops out of gear a few times...

Back at the shop, they treat me like a massive tool for awhile... " is it in right? Upside down, back to front, is it accually a 6sp"... the Q&A was rather impressly stupid... I was expecting them to ask if it was accually a ford next.

So, got now where at the shop, lots of dumb looks... said they'd call the suplier on monday... while they were flicking through the B&M catalogue, I noticed the same kit but with a much shorter shifter... I know, I'll cut it shorter as I cant be arsed with these guys anymore.

Out it comes, into the vise it goes, angle grinder out... cut cut drill drill and back in she goes... test drive and all is well.

NOW, it changes fast, the car stays on boost through changes... and Im happy.

Cost was $330, plus 30 for a nob, plus a bit of agro... still cheaper than the others so Im in front there :pooh:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Razorback NSW
Posted

Sounds like a lot of hassle, should have made the dicks in the shop get the right one and instal it aswell.

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

Yeah almost decided to do that, but it meant climbing back under the car to remove it

  • Woooooooosh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 29d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Anyone got a picture of one of these shifters fitted

Thanks

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted
How does changing a shifter make it hold boost in gears?

yer im not sure maybe it doesnt have time to drop, I know my new auto doesnt drop boost.

  • Mal Wood Automotive
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 18d
  • Location: WARWICK QLD
Posted
Got a B&M rip shifter for the T56 last week, opened the box for the instructions and hello, its for a mustang not a Falcon.

I call the shop and they say there all the same mate, bobs your uncle, its all good...

In it goes, seems to bolt up fine, doesnt go into a few gears... out it comes, back in, giggle giggle, bolt it up... all gears work now yay

Console back on, nob on... hello, nob doesnt fit, wrong thread size... Hmmm

Anyway, I test it out and bang, hits the console... drive it back to the shop to get a nob that will fit,  pops out of gear a few times...

Back at the shop, they treat me like a massive tool for awhile... " is it in right? Upside down, back to front, is it accually a 6sp"... the Q&A was rather impressly stupid... I was expecting them to ask if it was accually a ford next.

So, got now where at the shop, lots of dumb looks... said they'd call the suplier on monday... while they were flicking through the B&M catalogue, I noticed the same kit but with a much shorter shifter... I know, I'll cut it shorter as I cant be arsed with these guys anymore.

Out it comes, into the vise it goes, angle grinder out... cut cut drill drill and back in she goes... test drive and all is well.

NOW, it changes fast, the car stays on boost through changes... and Im happy.

Cost was $330, plus 30 for a nob, plus a bit of agro... still cheaper than the others so Im in front there :spoton:

That does seem like a lot of trouble when the Mal Wood Auto billet short throw is only $345 and is a PERFECT fit and has a precise action. Mal Wood

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 15d
Posted
How does changing a shifter make it hold boost in gears?

yer im not sure maybe it doesnt have time to drop, I know my new auto doesnt drop boost.

Your auto doesn't drop boost because you dont take your foot of the acclerator during gear changes.

That said even flat changing a manual I can still notice the spool up time when you change from 2nd to 3rd, stock tune and edited.

  • Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted
Got a B&M rip shifter for the T56 last week, opened the box for the instructions and hello, its for a mustang not a Falcon.

I call the shop and they say there all the same mate, bobs your uncle, its all good...

In it goes, seems to bolt up fine, doesnt go into a few gears... out it comes, back in, giggle giggle, bolt it up... all gears work now yay

Console back on, nob on... hello, nob doesnt fit, wrong thread size... Hmmm

Anyway, I test it out and bang, hits the console... drive it back to the shop to get a nob that will fit,  pops out of gear a few times...

Back at the shop, they treat me like a massive tool for awhile... " is it in right? Upside down, back to front, is it accually a 6sp"... the Q&A was rather impressly stupid... I was expecting them to ask if it was accually a ford next.

So, got now where at the shop, lots of dumb looks... said they'd call the suplier on monday... while they were flicking through the B&M catalogue, I noticed the same kit but with a much shorter shifter... I know, I'll cut it shorter as I cant be arsed with these guys anymore.

Out it comes, into the vise it goes, angle grinder out... cut cut drill drill and back in she goes... test drive and all is well.

NOW, it changes fast, the car stays on boost through changes... and Im happy.

Cost was $330, plus 30 for a nob, plus a bit of agro... still cheaper than the others so Im in front there :bum:

That does seem like a lot of trouble when the Mal Wood Auto billet short throw is only $345 and is a PERFECT fit and has a precise action. Mal Wood

Well, didnt know that but not to worry

It doesnt drop the revs as much due to the fast change/ fast clutching... dunno about other cars but mine is pretty slow to drop in revs

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...