bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m Location: Canberra Posted 11/12/06 05:42 AM Posted 11/12/06 05:42 AM Guys, there have been a lot of closely related posts on this but I can't seem to find a definitive answer to my question, so I'll try to be as specific as possible.Assuming you are already running (custom tuned) edit with other mods (including larger injectors, I/c, etc, etc) and you go and fit an upgraded actuator (let's say a 12psi unit), is there any need for a new custom tune straight away or can you drive around on your current tune quite safely for a while?
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 11/12/06 05:54 AM Posted 11/12/06 05:54 AM It will reqiure a custom tune as you will get an overboost problem.The duty cycle of the wastegate conrtoll solinord will be out of wack with the new actuator.Ian
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 11/12/06 06:19 AM Posted 11/12/06 06:19 AM Ian is right, although you can run a boost line straight to the actuator, which gives you 12-13 psi, if you had 12-13 before or more you will be right, if you had under that you will have to get it checked. (short term fix) David
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 11d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 11/12/06 10:23 AM Posted 11/12/06 10:23 AM Get a tuner to fit and retune the car all in the one go, less headache and what are you going to save by fitting it yourself maybe $100-$150 stuff it and you have defeted the purpose CYA JEFF
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 11/12/06 10:34 AM Posted 11/12/06 10:34 AM Guys, there have been a lot of closely related posts on this but I can't seem to find a definitive answer to my question, so I'll try to be as specific as possible.Assuming you are already running (custom tuned) edit with other mods (including larger injectors, I/c, etc, etc) and you go and fit an upgraded actuator (let's say a 12psi unit), is there any need for a new custom tune straight away or can you drive around on your current tune quite safely for a while? ←get C&V to fit and tune it. you'll be pumped, I promise ya.
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m Location: Canberra Posted 11/12/06 10:33 PM Author Posted 11/12/06 10:33 PM Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I wasn't so much trying to save $$ (and there's no way I'd attempt to fit it myself anyway! ) as time. But after this I'll just get it fitted at the same time as I get another custom tune done, just a matter of a) finding time to do it and b) doing it by my usual 'stealth' method so that the missus doesn't go apesh1t at me again!
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m Location: Canberra Posted 11/12/06 10:50 PM Author Posted 11/12/06 10:50 PM ...and what are you going to save by fitting it yourself maybe $100-$150...←Actually, I was quoted a whopping $400 to fit it!!!
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 11d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 11/12/06 10:52 PM Posted 11/12/06 10:52 PM (edited) ...and what are you going to save by fitting it yourself maybe $100-$150...←Actually, I was quoted a whopping $400 to fit it!!! ←Not by CV you were'nt that would be supply and fit Edited 11/12/06 10:53 PM by DBOSS
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m Location: Canberra Posted 12/12/06 12:46 AM Author Posted 12/12/06 12:46 AM Not by CV you were'nt that would be supply and fit ←Cool, must have been some misunderstanding then. I did ring CV and asked how much just to fit an actuator - they must have thought I meant supply and fit 'cos the answer was $400. That's good to know!
SAMSXR6T Member 685 Member For: 21y 7m 23d Gender: Male Location: CENTRAL COAST Posted 12/12/06 02:39 AM Posted 12/12/06 02:39 AM I had my actuator fitted by c&v and for a little more than the $400 quoted for you.. They also gave me a re tune
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now