mark61 Member 80 Member For: 20y 13d Posted 10/12/06 07:23 AM Posted 10/12/06 07:23 AM Hey GuysJust did a search on fitting qauges and while there is plenty of info on hooking up to sensors, blow off valves ect I cant seem to find out where to hook up my power and earth. I have a AFR meter and a boost gauge and while it would seem sensible enough to find some power behind the radio I cant for the life of me see how the icc panel comes off.HELP please mark
Guest newl Guests Posted 10/12/06 07:24 AM Posted 10/12/06 07:24 AM Some use the cigarette lighter power (probably the easiest to get to), some use some other switch on the console if memory serves.
mark61 Member 80 Member For: 20y 13d Posted 10/12/06 07:36 AM Author Posted 10/12/06 07:36 AM how do I get to the back of the ciggy
Guest newl Guests Posted 10/12/06 08:41 AM Posted 10/12/06 08:41 AM I'm not 100% sure as I've never had to do it.Maybe try the search function for "+icc +remove +power" (or removal, perhaps even +custom +installation) which may provided results for ICC removal or mention how to get to the lighter, or alternatively the installation process for a new head unit. I do seem to recall that recently (within the past few months) someone did a fairly decent write up on how to do just that.Now, with that in mind, the ICC itself may not have to be removed but the tray under it (which is likely as well..I'm a bit foggy on which it is) which would probably be mentioned in one of the threads that would come of the search terms.
ford number 1 Legacy Donating Member 602 Member For: 22y 1m 7d Gender: Male Location: N/W Sydney Posted 10/12/06 09:15 AM Posted 10/12/06 09:15 AM All I did was pop out the traction control button as it lights up wen lights are on..Earth was done done towards the firewall near the footrest..
Decoy Member 163 Member For: 20y 7m 22d Gender: Male Location: Brissy Posted 10/12/06 09:22 AM Posted 10/12/06 09:22 AM For lights I used the TC button. For power and GND I used the mobile phone plug behind the fuse box, I found it to be the easiest after considering the cig lighter.To get to the cig lighter you need to pop off your gear lever surround which will then give access to two screws for the console wings by the drink holder. take these off which then gets you to two screws holding the tissue box holder undo these and it slides out.
SAMSXR6T Member 685 Member For: 21y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: CENTRAL COAST Posted 10/12/06 09:23 AM Posted 10/12/06 09:23 AM
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now