eMPee Member 247 Member For: 22y 6m 29d Location: Sydney Posted 29/12/06 03:13 AM Posted 29/12/06 03:13 AM How come your pacy comps look different to NOS's?My advance look like NOS's just with a press bend not mandrel....
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 10d Posted 29/12/06 03:57 AM Posted 29/12/06 03:57 AM Do you mean mine are polished more? Mine weren't ceramic coated by Pacemaker, my exhaust guy got them done somewhere in Coburg I think. They are Pacemaker Comps.
Guest Guests Posted 29/12/06 04:48 AM Posted 29/12/06 04:48 AM My headers had a good shine on them but that soon dulled, I have to check whether my headers are the comps or not and how much of a power diff there is between the two. If theres 3kw in it I'll up grade, sad ain't I?
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 10d Posted 29/12/06 05:07 AM Posted 29/12/06 05:07 AM (edited) Yeah, mine have dulled too, that shot was not long after I got them. It will have it stamped on them, 4495. Std are 4490 I think.Not much between the two, the comps give better top end performance, the std give better mid-range performance. If you racing your car, the comps are the bomb.It is very sad..us n/a guys have to chase every Kw. Edited 29/12/06 05:11 AM by Doogstar
eMPee Member 247 Member For: 22y 6m 29d Location: Sydney Posted 29/12/06 07:08 AM Posted 29/12/06 07:08 AM I meant the shape and design. not the coating.
Guest Guests Posted 29/12/06 12:00 PM Posted 29/12/06 12:00 PM Went down to my car and knew I was in for bad news, 4090 stamped on the side.So whats all this mean in real world numbers not much me thinks but worth chasing for me so I called Pace Makers and there was no answer, they must be on Holidays. Sad when you think I bolted on my pace makers before there was a Comp set but that's life.
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 10d Posted 29/12/06 01:31 PM Posted 29/12/06 01:31 PM Went down to my car and knew I was in for bad news, 4090 stamped on the side.So whats all this mean in real world numbers not much me thinks but worth chasing for me so I called Pace Makers and there was no answer, they must be on Holidays. Sad when you think I bolted on my pace makers before there was a Comp set but that's life.←Hey eMPee, well spotted.I wouldn't be concerned NOS, you will have more low to midrange torque than me, just my top end torque would be better.
Guest Guests Posted 30/12/06 08:08 AM Posted 30/12/06 08:08 AM NA-06-XR, what are the Herrod Headers you have?The should be Pace Makers (I know they are) but are they 4490 or 4495?
NA-06-XR Member 112 Member For: 19y 9m 27d Posted 30/12/06 02:17 PM Posted 30/12/06 02:17 PM ok ... now I'm confused... If there's a 4495, and theres a 4090...Mine have 4490 stamped on the side... can you check to see if yours really are a 4090? I'm hoping mine are closer to the race version.... It seems like it when driving....torque response is at about 3000rpm... right thorugh to about 5700... but that could be due to the CAMS as well...
Doogstar Member 276 Member For: 19y 9m 10d Posted 30/12/06 02:25 PM Posted 30/12/06 02:25 PM ok ... now I'm confused... If there's a 4495, and theres a 4090...Mine have 4490 stamped on the side... can you check to see if yours really are a 4090? I'm hoping mine are closer to the race version.... It seems like it when driving....torque response is at about 3000rpm... right thorugh to about 5700... but that could be due to the CAMS as well...← Standard Paccies are 4490, that's what you have. Don't know about 4090??
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now