04RSD Member 78 Member For: 20y 10d Posted 04/12/06 08:25 AM Posted 04/12/06 08:25 AM hey guys I have just purchased a bf tornado with dual climate,this head unit runs a sub in the sedans so my q is where can I find the low level signal to run a sub in my uteEG kick panel or under the iccthank in adfvancedeanand I want in ipod input with the filter box who on the site should I be able to get one off
shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 21y 6d Location: Melbourne Posted 04/12/06 11:14 AM Posted 04/12/06 11:14 AM hi Dean,I can help you out with you ipod request as for the sub out, you can grab the output from the main board of the icc. you do need to be handy with the soldering iron though if you need more info just ask
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 5m 8d Posted 04/12/06 11:21 AM Posted 04/12/06 11:21 AM more info would be very good
04RSD Member 78 Member For: 20y 10d Posted 04/12/06 10:00 PM Author Posted 04/12/06 10:00 PM so it looks like I gotta pull the icc out. dohdoes anyone know if the sub signal is lp or full and it seems to have a mild subsonic in a mates sedan or is that all in the amp
shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 21y 6d Location: Melbourne Posted 04/12/06 10:38 PM Posted 04/12/06 10:38 PM more info would be very good←what would you like to know???
shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 21y 6d Location: Melbourne Posted 04/12/06 10:42 PM Posted 04/12/06 10:42 PM so it looks like I gotta pull the icc out. dohdoes anyone know if the sub signal is lp or full and it seems to have a mild subsonic in a mates sedan or is that all in the amp←its not hard to pull the ICC out. once you have done it a few times it only takes 5 mins.pulling it appart takes a little more time because you need to be careful not to dislodge any of the springs in the stacker.from memory the sub out on the icc is full range and the low pass is done at the amp.
DAWSEY Member 441 Member For: 20y 10m 1d Gender: Male Posted 05/12/06 12:32 AM Posted 05/12/06 12:32 AM are you looking to run a sub on your factory unit??if so the best way I have found is to run a line level convertor(stinger is the best) from the rear steakers,I got 145db from this setup...
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 5m 8d Posted 05/12/06 01:37 AM Posted 05/12/06 01:37 AM Do you have a better picture before you did the wiring. Would be good to have a circle around each point and what the point goes to.For me it looks like its front and rear left and right youve connected there.
shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 21y 6d Location: Melbourne Posted 05/12/06 09:46 AM Posted 05/12/06 09:46 AM (edited) Do you have a better picture before you did the wiring. Would be good to have a circle around each point and what the point goes to.For me it looks like its front and rear left and right youve connected there.←a picture without the wires? I didn't take one but you will get a real life version when you pull your ICC apart the black wires are all ground, the others are FL, FR, RL, RR, SUB.you also need to cut the track there on to disengage the ICC amp.If I get some spare time ill write a how to mod your ICC doc with full instructions. Edited 05/12/06 09:47 AM by shockF6
crans Member 275 Member For: 20y 5m 8d Posted 05/12/06 10:06 AM Posted 05/12/06 10:06 AM That would be awsome. What did you use to cut the track?Dont know if I got the balls to mod it my self I got better things to spend my money on(Such as making my car faster) than buying an new ICC.Might get the stereo shop to do it with the instructions.Howyou you figure all this stuff out?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now