Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 13d
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Hi all,

I have an 04 BA auto T with 17 inch factory mags (29 PSI in rear) and HPF tune of 231rwkw. I cannot get any traction of the line as soon as I reach 2700 rpm. What methods do you guys use in launching forward instead of drifting into the other lane?

If anyone can help me let me know as an old HSV clubsport left me for dead the other night as I was sliding everywhere instead of going forward. Thanks

  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

Might look at what tyres you are using mate.Mines behaves like that with over 300rwkw even in 2nd gear(auto).

Sometimes different tyres and road conditions can make you spin like crazy.

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

Gets rather frustrating when you break out in smoke trying to race someone :laughing:

  • Team Grandpa
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Hunter Valley
Posted

Geea advised me to go 25psi on the rear and launch at 2000rpm ran my sig time on sp 3000 stocks

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

Sorry dude I didnt know you were talking track talk.Launch anywhere from 2000 to 2400rpm.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 13d
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Thanks FPV Tranny,

At the track I run 26 psi in the rear with good results but my problem is on the street. Do you think 19 inch with 245 would really help or is the difference between 17's 18's or 19's minimal.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted

On the track you should try to launch at about 2300rpm. Try it at different revs - keep dropping your stall speed till you get no (or just very little) wheelspin when you release the brake. 29psi is too high for the strip. Try about 24psi with your 17"wheels/45 series tyres.

On the street you have to use even less revs for two reasons - street is not as grippy and your tyres will be running higher pressures - rears should be up around 34psi min for road use.

With larger diameter wheels you have to go to lower profile tyres to keep your rolling circumference close to original. The lower profile tyre the higher pressure you need to run on the road - you get better cornering response and grip but less straight line grip. It's all a compromise. Ideally you have low profile tyres on large diameter wheels for the track days and a set of higher profile tyres on smaller diameter wheels for the strip.

Personally I think 17" are a good all-round compromise for all road, track and strip use.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 13d
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Thanks Turbo6man,

I just wish I could drop it from a set of lights without worrying about drifting into the other lane and that is with only my 231 rwkw's I cannot imagine how the other guys go with alot more power than mine.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 4d
Posted

I raced an R33 skyline the other day, and well mine is stock and she peeled alot, prob my fault I was worried bout lossing to rice puncer so took off hard, even started spinned on spot before I launched.. then was drifting in my lane had to back of so didn't hit him when I launched, and in end stop cos as he hit 2nd lol he stepped into my lane right along side him so I braked n pulled over!

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 29d
Posted
I raced an R33 skyline the other day, and well mine is stock and she peeled alot, prob my fault I was worried bout lossing to rice puncer so took off hard, even started spinned on spot before I launched.. then was drifting in my lane had to back of so didn't hit him when I launched, and in end stop cos as he hit 2nd lol he stepped into my lane right along side him so I braked n pulled over!

I also had a go with a 32 skyline here, smashed it! And he had BOVs, Huge IC and an exhaust! :blink:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...