Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 7d
Posted

Hi

I've got my drive day at Sandown this week, and really looking forward to it. Just wondering if any previous attendees have any tips that would make it even more enjoyable.

Anyone going to Sandown July 13?

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gold Coast QLD
Posted

Hi Dave

Wear a hat and use plenty of sunscreen, put at least 40psi in your tyres, be prepared to chew up some expensive rubber and have the time of your life, they're great fun.

I did mine at Qld Raceway a few weeks back and it was awesome. I would recommend everyone do the course, FPV owner or not. You will learn the limits of yourself and your car. :laughing:

Big AL

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 28d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

all I would say is that if you want to do quick laps at the end, make sure you leave plenty of time after the car in front of you goes. not everyone is there to go quick :yikes:

I was catching people by 3/4 track after giving around 40 seconds head start :laughing:

if you want to see what I mean click here to see a lap that I recorded.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Anyone going to Sandown July 13?

I think you mean july 14 (friday 13th wouldn't be good :pinch: )

I'll see you there. I'm having my drive day on friday too. :spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Hi Dave,

I would be recommending 45psi in the tyres. I have already been to 3 track days and I have learnt.

Regards,

Anthony

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 26d
Posted
Hi Dave,

I would be recommending 45psi in the tyres. I have already been to 3 track days and I have learnt.

Regards,

Anthony

Would have to agree,

I had mine at 40psi (which I thought was quite high) but after the day, all 4 tyres had feathered right up to the edge of the tyre. So a higher pressure next time would be a definate! Esp for your $480.00 SP9000s!

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 7d
Posted

Anyone going to Sandown July 13?

I think you mean july 14 (friday 13th wouldn't be good :pinch: )

I'll see you there. I'm having my drive day on friday too. :spoton:

I'm definitely on Thurs 13th.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 7d
Posted
all I would say is that if you want to do quick laps at the end, make sure you leave plenty of time after the car in front of you goes. not everyone is there to go quick :pinch:

I was catching people by 3/4 track after giving around 40 seconds head start :spoton:

if you want to see what I mean click here to see a lap that I recorded.

Great video. Who was the passenger, I thought they weren't allowed.

I wonder how many laps you did with the change alert on, I reckon that would drive me mad after a while.

Can't wait, should be a great day

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 28d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted (edited)

Great video. Who was the passenger, I thought they weren't allowed.

I wonder how many laps you did with the change alert on, I reckon that would drive me mad after a while.

Can't wait, should be a great day

the passenger was one of the instructors. my car had an issue on the track where the TC was comming on even in a straight line with no wheelspin (above 160kph). The instructor wanted to see it for himself because he had heard of it happening on a few of the F6's but never witnessed it before.

as for the shift alert, I was under the impression that you couldnt turn it off without a WDS? not that it really bothers me :spoton:

Edited by shockF6
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 7d
Posted

Great video. Who was the passenger, I thought they weren't allowed.

I wonder how many laps you did with the change alert on, I reckon that would drive me mad after a while.

Can't wait, should be a great day

the passenger was one of the instructors. my car had an issue on the track where the TC was comming on even in a straight line with no wheelspin (above 160kph). The instructor wanted to see it for himself because he had heard of it happening on a few of the F6's but never witnessed it before.

as for the shift alert, I was under the impression that you couldnt turn it off without a WDS? not that it really bothers me :laughing:

Did you fix the camera to anything. Looks like the instructor may have held it. I was hoping to get a video as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...