Envi_XR8 Member 142 Member For: 20y 10m 2d Location: Port Kennedy WA Posted 04/07/06 11:47 AM Posted 04/07/06 11:47 AM Just thought I'll post this, driving to work friday morning heading down pinjarra rd traveling in the right hand lane and a B-double Boral truck in the left hand lane drifted to the left shoulder of the rd and 36 wheels flicked loose stones at my car. Front bar has about 100 stone chips,fog light protector broken,bonnet is coverd in stone chips as is the left side of my car,a few stones have even bounced of the bonnet and chip the spoiler,also a chip in the windscreen. I shat my self and pulled as far right as possible and went to far and hit the gutter and damaged a rim as well.So spoke to the panel shop yesterday and said the whole left side of the car ,bonnet,right guard ,spoiler,front bar need respraying,new fog light protector,new GT stripes and a new rim later and she'll be back to new.Just have to be with out my car for 4 days thank god for insurance
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Posted 04/07/06 11:56 AM Posted 04/07/06 11:56 AM not good to hear. after missing getting hit by a flying bed of a truck a couple of years ago by a matter of seconds after changing lanes I make it a point not to stay behind trucks for the reason is that they do nothing but f*ck other ppls cars up with sh*t they carry or flick up. at the end of the day they dont really give to hoots as wat damage they do to your car as I have found out in the past. hope your car comes back good as new
Envi_XR8 Member 142 Member For: 20y 10m 2d Location: Port Kennedy WA Posted 04/07/06 12:00 PM Author Posted 04/07/06 12:00 PM not good to hear. after missing getting hit by a flying bed of a truck a couple of years ago by a matter of seconds after changing lanes I make it a point not to stay behind trucks for the reason is that they do nothing but f*ck other ppls cars up with sh*t they carry or flick up. at the end of the day they dont really give to hoots as wat damage they do to your car as I have found out in the past. hope your car comes back good as new←Thanks mate. I will be going out my way now to aviod trucks from now on
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/07/06 12:06 PM Posted 04/07/06 12:06 PM A little while ago now I was following a truck and he lost a piece of timber off the back. Went straight into my front bumper and that needed to be replaced. So I don't follow trucks anymore either. Hope it comes back as good as new.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Posted 04/07/06 12:09 PM Posted 04/07/06 12:09 PM A little while ago now I was following a truck and he lost a piece of timber off the back. Went straight into my front bumper and that needed to be replaced. So I don't follow trucks anymore either. Hope it comes back as good as new.←only problem is, and its sad to say. most panel beaters out there dont really give a crap either, and the repairs they do are second rate. I went out looking at cars for months on end at dealerships, and I could not find one that had not been damaged and repaired. Even found maksing tape with paint on one car. so I went out and bought a new car. Just be certian to check over your cars when you get them back from the repairer.
Envi_XR8 Member 142 Member For: 20y 10m 2d Location: Port Kennedy WA Posted 04/07/06 12:12 PM Author Posted 04/07/06 12:12 PM . Hope it comes back as good as new.←I'll be picking it up late friday arvo and going to go over it with a magnify glass just a bit worried about colour matching heard it can be a bit tricky as ford use hardly any paint on the assembly line
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Posted 04/07/06 12:18 PM Posted 04/07/06 12:18 PM . Hope it comes back as good as new.←I'll be picking it up late friday arvo and going to go over it with a magnify glass just a bit worried about colour matching heard it can be a bit tricky as ford use hardly any paint on the assembly line←make sure you check out all edges for mask lines, over spray round corners, esp under the bonnet where they would have sprayed the front guards, ohh and this one really gets me about panel shops, file and sanding marks under the paint as they were to lazy to rub it back properly and hi fill the panels to a degree where you cant see the repair work, and last thing, make sure that the orange peel in the paint matches the peel that looks like the factory did it.
Envi_XR8 Member 142 Member For: 20y 10m 2d Location: Port Kennedy WA Posted 04/07/06 12:35 PM Author Posted 04/07/06 12:35 PM . Hope it comes back as good as new.←I'll be picking it up late friday arvo and going to go over it with a magnify glass just a bit worried about colour matching heard it can be a bit tricky as ford use hardly any paint on the assembly line←make sure you check out all edges for mask lines, over spray round corners, esp under the bonnet where they would have sprayed the front guards, ohh and this one really gets me about panel shops, file and sanding marks under the paint as they were to lazy to rub it back properly and hi fill the panels to a degree where you cant see the repair work, and last thing, make sure that the orange peel in the paint matches the peel that looks like the factory did it.←I'll do that thanks for the info mate.What do you mean about orange peel
Miss_Aly Legacy Donating Member 615 Member For: 22y 4m 24d Gender: Female Posted 04/07/06 01:31 PM Posted 04/07/06 01:31 PM I always try to stay at least 3 car lengths behind a truck as they flick up anything and everything from the road. Unless they are driving slow as and Im right up there ...!! Envi - Hope all the damaged caused, is fixed properly to your expectations Aly
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 04/07/06 11:42 PM Posted 04/07/06 11:42 PM I find it amazing that no one is injured or killed by there tyres exploding. Who hasnt travelled up and down a freeway and seen the left over of de-laminated retreads littering the highways. At speed truck size rubber would sure do some damage.All because there tight and get crap re-treads.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now